Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.lighting

Default Replacement TL-3 Bulb

Hello, everyone. I'm seeking the subject replacement lamp for a
handheld combination incandescent/fluorescent flashlight that I've had
for a number of years. Other than the fact that my unit has a red case
and a white fluorescent lamp, the unit is identical to that at

http://www.24hours7days.com/Science/...ction_Kit1.jpg

These vendors don't stock replacement TL-3 bulbs for these units. The
bulb footprint is identical to the familiar #222 but I need one that
works on 6 volts. There is no manufacturer or bulb number stamped on
the bulb other than the working voltage. Apparently at least GE at one
time made a special TL-3 bulb, #244, with the following ratings: 6V,
0.25A. I think this is the bulb I need but I have not located one as of
yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and
comment. Sincerely,
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.lighting

"J.B. Wood" wrote in message
Hello, everyone. I'm seeking the subject replacement lamp for a
handheld combination incandescent/fluorescent flashlight that I've
had for a number of years. Other than the fact that my unit has a
red case and a white fluorescent lamp, the unit is identical to that
at

http://www.24hours7days.com/Science/...ction_Kit1.jpg

These vendors don't stock replacement TL-3 bulbs for these units.
The bulb footprint is identical to the familiar #222 but I need one
that works on 6 volts. There is no manufacturer or bulb number
stamped on the bulb other than the working voltage. Apparently at
least GE at one time made a special TL-3 bulb, #244, with the
following ratings: 6V, 0.25A. I think this is the bulb I need but I
have not located one as of yet. Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Ever consider googleing "TL-3 bulb"?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+TL-3+bulb

Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.lighting

"J.B. Wood" wrote in message
Hello, everyone. I'm seeking the subject replacement lamp for a
handheld combination incandescent/fluorescent flashlight that I've had
for a number of years. Other than the fact that my unit has a red case
and a white fluorescent lamp, the unit is identical to that at

http://www.24hours7days.com/Science/...ction_Kit1.jpg

These vendors don't stock replacement TL-3 bulbs for these units. The
bulb footprint is identical to the familiar #222 but I need one that
works on 6 volts. There is no manufacturer or bulb number stamped on
the bulb other than the working voltage. Apparently at least GE at one
time made a special TL-3 bulb, #244, with the following ratings: 6V,
0.25A. I think this is the bulb I need but I have not located one as of
yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and
comment. Sincerely,

Er.
The lamp unit shown in the picture, uses a fluorescent tube. As such, the
voltage 'rating', will probably be something like 30v, not 6v (and a more
when striking).
The voltage used by the unit, will have nothing to do with the tube
rating. There will be a transformer driving the tube. The size, looks like
a fairly standard 4W 6" tube. Probably a T5 (5/8" OD) tube, with a G5
base.
TL-3 lamps are incandescent units normally, and wold not work in a
flourescent lamp, so the question is 'what is your unit really'...
The MES base, is available in 6v lamps, in the G3 bulb shape, rather than
the TL-3 form, if this is what you need, particularly in xenon lamps. A
search for the ML133, should the 6v versions of this.

Best Wishes

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.lighting

Roger Hamlett wrote:
"J.B. Wood" wrote in message
[...]

Hello, and thanks for responding. My unit is powered by 4 AA cells.
The switch on the unit selects either the incandescent or fluorescent
lamp. I'm sure there is in an inverter in the unit to power up the
fluorescent lamp. Pretty standard configuration I assume. Sincerely,
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.lighting

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 06:38:08 -0700, Bob F wrote:

"J.B. Wood" wrote in message
[...]

Where specifically is the bulb the OP wants? I couldn't find it.

http://www.bulbs.com/Light_Bulbs/results.aspx

Bathroom bulb replacement asalcedo UK diy 2 May 10th 07 07:40 AM
Oven bulb replacement Tony UK diy 5 January 14th 06 09:47 PM
LCD Backlight Replacement CCFL light bulb => European shops ? Jerry G. Electronics Repair 6 March 2nd 05 03:02 AM
Identifying a replacement light bulb [email protected] Metalworking 10 January 11th 05 06:14 AM
Bug Light Bulb---any bulb for outside use that are not yellow? Patty Amas Home Ownership 5 November 3rd 04 09:23 PM