Default Identifying a replacement light bulb

I have an indicator on my phase converter. Salvaged from somewhere.
It is a 120 volt bulb, 3/4 inch diameter, and a double contact bayonet
base. The base is 15mm diameter.

I tried for hours to find any conversion from dimensions to bulb
number. No luck.
Can anyone shed some light on where the specs are located for the
various
bulb types?

The catalogs and web pages list hundreds of types of bulbs, and what
base they have, but not the dimensions of the base standards!
How many sizes of bayonet bases are there?
Where can I get one replacement bulb?

Thanks in advance.
Pete

Grady

What is the overall length of the bulb? There is some pretty good help
identifying minature lamps at
http://www.sunraylighting.com/technicalinfo.shtm .
If the glass part is round and is 3/4 diameter, then it is a g6.(lamps in
the US are mesaured in 1/8th, thus 3/4 would be 6/8, or a g6). So, we have
g6 double contact at 120 volt. I have never seen a double contact bayonnet
lamp that was 120 volt. Are you sure that there is not a step down
transformer before the lamp? At the same Sunray site you can download their
catalogs as pdf files for review. Post back and let me know what you come up
with. You should be able to put a meter on the contacts in the socket if you
are not sure of the voltage. Just be careful,they are pretty close together.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an indicator on my phase converter. Salvaged from somewhere.
It is a 120 volt bulb, 3/4 inch diameter, and a double contact bayonet
base. The base is 15mm diameter.

I tried for hours to find any conversion from dimensions to bulb
number. No luck.
Can anyone shed some light on where the specs are located for the
various
bulb types?

The catalogs and web pages list hundreds of types of bulbs, and what
base they have, but not the dimensions of the base standards!
How many sizes of bayonet bases are there?
Where can I get one replacement bulb?

Thanks in advance.
Pete

PJ

wrote in message oups.com...
I have an indicator on my phase converter. Salvaged from somewhere.
It is a 120 volt bulb, 3/4 inch diameter, and a double contact bayonet
base. The base is 15mm diameter.

I tried for hours to find any conversion from dimensions to bulb
number. No luck.
Can anyone shed some light on where the specs are located for the
various
bulb types?

The catalogs and web pages list hundreds of types of bulbs, and what
base they have, but not the dimensions of the base standards!
How many sizes of bayonet bases are there?
Where can I get one replacement bulb?

Thanks in advance.
Pete

Dons bulbs has a long list of dcb (BA15d) base 120vac bulbs....Paul

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t...x=45&click.y=1

Grady

Good find. I learned that there are dc lamps at higher than 32 volts. My
guess is he needs a lower wattage one for an indicator, something like the
6S6 series.

"PJ" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an indicator on my phase converter. Salvaged from somewhere.
It is a 120 volt bulb, 3/4 inch diameter, and a double contact bayonet
base. The base is 15mm diameter.

I tried for hours to find any conversion from dimensions to bulb
number. No luck.
Can anyone shed some light on where the specs are located for the
various
bulb types?

The catalogs and web pages list hundreds of types of bulbs, and what
base they have, but not the dimensions of the base standards!
How many sizes of bayonet bases are there?
Where can I get one replacement bulb?

Thanks in advance.
Pete

Dons bulbs has a long list of dcb (BA15d) base 120vac bulbs....Paul

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t...x=45&click.y=1

Thanks for the links...
I searched for hours, and came up empty for dimensions.
Good resource, this group is.

Pete

Rick

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the links...
I searched for hours, and came up empty for dimensions.
Good resource, this group is.

Pete

You might find it at www.grainger.com by using the lamp matching feature.

The one I found is 6S6/DC TRAY

Robert Swinney

If you are sure it is a 120 volt bulb ... Solder on a pair of wires to the
contacts and run them to a 120v socket for a screw-in, std. Edison-base
night light.

Bob Swinney
"Rick" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the links...
I searched for hours, and came up empty for dimensions.
Good resource, this group is.

Pete

You might find it at www.grainger.com by using the lamp matching feature.

The one I found is 6S6/DC TRAY

william_b_noble

the bayonet base is used because there is vibration, a screw base will
loosen. vacuum cleaners and sewing machines use these bulbs - look in an
appliance store or in a lightbulb specialty place
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
news
Where can I get one replacement bulb?

If it's that hard to find, I would replace the socket with a common one.
Bob