Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE side by side refrigerator - coil ices up

Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the back of my
freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off and
defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know why it
keeps happening. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

1. Low on charge
2. Blower motor defective, that moves the air inside the side by side.

Do not hold me, but I believe if it is over 7 years old you might want to think about replacing it.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
"Kathy" wrote in message . ..
Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the back of my
freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off and
defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know why it
keeps happening. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Moe Jones wrote:
1. Low on charge
2. Blower motor defective, that moves the air inside the side by side.

In addition, bad defrost timer, bad
defrost thermostat, or bad defrost heater.

Do not hold me, but I believe if it is over 7 years old you might want
to think about replacing it.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Energy Equalizers Inc.
Houston, Texas
www.EnergyEqualizers.com http://www.EnergyEqualizers.com

"Kathy" wrote in
message . ..
Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the
back of my
freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off
and
defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know
why it
keeps happening. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:16:36 -0400, "Kathy" wrote:

Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the back of my
freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off and
defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know why it
keeps happening. Any ideas?

No, the level thing isn't that critical.

Door not closing properly or overloaded so no air circulation.

The cost of a new fridge is less than the cost of a reair job and the
new fridge is much more efficient. Get a new fridge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:29:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:16:36 -0400, "Kathy" wrote:

Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the back of my
freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off and
defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know why it
keeps happening. Any ideas?

No, the level thing isn't that critical.

Unless, it keeps the doors from closing properly.

.