Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default GE side by side refrigerator - coil ices up

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:29:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:16:36 -0400, "Kathy" wrote:

Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the back of my
freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off and
defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know why it
keeps happening. Any ideas?

No, the level thing isn't that critical.

Unless, it keeps the doors from closing properly.

Door not closing properly or overloaded so no air circulation.

The cost of a new fridge is less than the cost of a reair job and the
new fridge is much more efficient. Get a new fridge.

.