blueman

Default Vacillating refrigerator temperature (GE Profile Side-by-Side)

We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator.

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil. This variability occurs at
constant locations (i.e., it is not just location dependent). She has
confirmed 10-20 degree temperature swings by using a thermometer in
water.

Any thoughts what might be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks
Appliance Repair Aid

blueman wrote:
We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator.

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil. This variability occurs at
constant locations (i.e., it is not just location dependent). She has
confirmed 10-20 degree temperature swings by using a thermometer in
water.

Any thoughts what might be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks

Hi,

We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator

Model# ??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Any thoughts what might be causing this and how to fix?

Depends on how your mystery model was made....bad control, dirty hot
condensor coils casuing compressor to shut down.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

blueman

"Appliance Repair Aid" writes:
blueman wrote:
We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator.

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil. This variability occurs at
constant locations (i.e., it is not just location dependent). She has
confirmed 10-20 degree temperature swings by using a thermometer in
water.

Any thoughts what might be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks

Hi,

We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator

Model# ??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Sorry, model number is:
TPS24PPDABS
Appliance Repair Aid

blueman wrote:
We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator.

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil. This variability occurs at
constant locations (i.e., it is not just location dependent). She has
confirmed 10-20 degree temperature swings by using a thermometer in
water.

Any thoughts what might be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks

Hi,

We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator

Model# ??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Sorry, model number is:
TPS24PPDABS

Hi,

Definetly check the hot condensor coils underneath, they should be
cleaned once a year ( more often if you have pets )....
http://www.applianceaid.com/clean_condenser.html

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil.

Definetly suspect the cold/temp control....that is what cycles the
refrigerator on and off....wide temp swings may be a fauly control....

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=311019
Thermostat temp control

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

OT - Global Warming Revisited Cliff Metalworking 456 October 19th 05 07:04 PM
Sears Refrigerator side by side - water filter - scam? harold balls Home Repair 25 September 18th 05 10:45 AM
Flat Roof Side Window Gary Holt UK diy 1 October 6th 03 07:49 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk'sback panel to side panels? (and other questions) Bay Area Dave Woodworking 6 August 28th 03 06:02 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM