Appliance Repair Aid

Default Vacillating refrigerator temperature (GE Profile Side-by-Side)

blueman wrote:
"Appliance Repair Aid" writes:
blueman wrote:
We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator.

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil. This variability occurs at
constant locations (i.e., it is not just location dependent). She has
confirmed 10-20 degree temperature swings by using a thermometer in
water.

Any thoughts what might be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks

Hi,

We have an approximately 4 yr old GE Profile Side-by-Side
refrigerator

Model# ??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Sorry, model number is:
TPS24PPDABS

Hi,

Definetly check the hot condensor coils underneath, they should be
cleaned once a year ( more often if you have pets )....
http://www.applianceaid.com/clean_condenser.html

My wife complains that the temperature varies so much that sometimes
things freeze and other times things spoil.

Definetly suspect the cold/temp control....that is what cycles the
refrigerator on and off....wide temp swings may be a fauly control....

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=311019
Thermostat temp control

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid