Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,misc.consumers,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.house

Default Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers?

Living in northern Colorado area.

Re mold - yes, that's one consideration I have in mind. However I'm looking for
a portable, so "installation" per se does not entirely apply. I see it's an issue
for the water tank part, tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,misc.consumers,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.house

"Owen Reese" wrote...

Living in northern Colorado area.

Re mold - yes, that's one consideration I have in mind. However I'm looking
for
a portable, so "installation" per se does not entirely apply. I see it's an
issue
for the water tank part, tho.

What is the normal relative humidity in the summer where you live? If it's
over 30%, a swamp cooler may not work very well.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,misc.consumers,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.house

"Owen Reese" wrote in message

Living in northern Colorado area.

Re mold - yes, that's one consideration I have in mind. However I'm
looking for
a portable, so "installation" per se does not entirely apply. I see it's
an issue
for the water tank part, tho.

Does it get dry enough there in the summer for a swamp cooler?

Would be perfect for the south west and the central California valley

Posted to alt.home.repair

About 14 years ago, my ex and I went to Colorado Springs, and Royal
Gorge. While she was busy looking at all the crap in the junk aka
souvenier shop, I walked over to check out what I thought was a window
air cond blowing out lots of mighty cool air.( the place was real
comfortable) Couldn't believe it when I got close enough to see that it
was a swamp cooler. I guess it must be pretty dry in that part of Co.
The fact that the city water is about 33 degrees probably doesn't hurt
either. Larry

Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers? Owen Reese Home Repair 14 July 3rd 07 06:06 PM
swamp coolers jujub Home Repair 3 June 24th 07 07:32 PM
OT How do these water coolers work? [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 April 7th 06 04:14 AM
Air coolers (not Air Con) - any good ? paulfoel UK diy 14 July 13th 05 03:34 PM
Pressure Washer Brand Recommendations Roger Home Repair 2 January 20th 05 07:34 PM