DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/205353-re-brand-recommendations-swamp-coolers.html)

Owen Reese July 2nd 07 08:23 PM

Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers?

Living in northern Colorado area.

Re mold - yes, that's one consideration I have in mind. However I'm looking for
a portable, so "installation" per se does not entirely apply. I see it's an issue
for the water tank part, tho.

John Weiss July 2nd 07 08:38 PM

Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers?

"Owen Reese" wrote...

Living in northern Colorado area.

Re mold - yes, that's one consideration I have in mind. However I'm looking
for
a portable, so "installation" per se does not entirely apply. I see it's an
issue
for the water tank part, tho.

What is the normal relative humidity in the summer where you live? If it's
over 30%, a swamp cooler may not work very well.

GeekBoy July 2nd 07 09:43 PM

"Owen Reese" wrote in message

Living in northern Colorado area.

Re mold - yes, that's one consideration I have in mind. However I'm
looking for
a portable, so "installation" per se does not entirely apply. I see it's
an issue
for the water tank part, tho.

Does it get dry enough there in the summer for a swamp cooler?

Would be perfect for the south west and the central California valley

lp13-30 July 3rd 07 04:43 AM

Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers?

About 14 years ago, my ex and I went to Colorado Springs, and Royal
Gorge. While she was busy looking at all the crap in the junk aka
souvenier shop, I walked over to check out what I thought was a window
air cond blowing out lots of mighty cool air.( the place was real
comfortable) Couldn't believe it when I got close enough to see that it
was a swamp cooler. I guess it must be pretty dry in that part of Co.
The fact that the city water is about 33 degrees probably doesn't hurt
either. Larry