Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weedeater XT 300 Carb adjust

I have a weedeater XT 300 that has two adjustment screws one is a
philips head metal screw and the other a plastic slotted screw that
tuns maybe 180 degrees. I am not sure what these screws do? If anyone
knows that would be great. I was playing around with them and now have
a hard time getting the thing to run.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 4:01 pm, Binder Dundat wrote:
I have a weedeater XT 300 that has two adjustment screws one is a
philips head metal screw and the other a plastic slotted screw that
tuns maybe 180 degrees. I am not sure what these screws do? If anyone
knows that would be great. I was playing around with them and now have
a hard time getting the thing to run.

If my memory serves me correct, one is for fuel/air mixture and one is
for the idle speed. Be careful adjusting the fuel/air mixture, if you
run it too lean the engine won't get enough oil via the fuel and it's
will destroy it. Was it running before you played with the
adjustments?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 8:17 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:01:08 +0000, Binder Dundat wrote:
I have a weedeater XT 300 that has two adjustment screws one is a
philips head metal screw and the other a plastic slotted screw that
tuns maybe 180 degrees. I am not sure what these screws do? If anyone
knows that would be great. I was playing around with them and now have
a hard time getting the thing to run.

One is probably idle, the other high speed mixture. Turn them both in all
the way then back out 1.5 turns and give it a try.

It was running last year, but I rarely used it and as i recall, not
very well, I can only turn the one plastic screw maybe 1/4 turn from
centre? I assume this is the Fuel /air mixture adjust? It is at the
cottage so I will try another spark plug and play with it on the
weekend. I was getting it to run at full choke and 1/2 choke on the
weekend?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The plastic part is a limiter to prevent you from making a proper
adjustment. Take needle nosed pliers and tear the plastic part off then you
can proceed with a proper adjustment. One is idle mix, the other is high
speed mix. They must be worked together. One affects the other. They
should be marked on the shroud or other plastic parts as to which is which.

--
Steve Barker

ups.com...