Default Homelite trimline weedeater

My gas weedeater Homelite is throwing out blue smoke then suddenly dies
out. I turn it back on and it starts then about 1 minute it dies again.
Please help!!

--
deb741
deb741's Profile: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/m...p?userid=18814

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message ...

My gas weedeater Homelite is throwing out blue smoke then suddenly dies
out. I turn it back on and it starts then about 1 minute it dies again.
Please help!!

--
deb741

Easy to fix. Buy something that does not have Homelite on it and it will
run better. They are cheaply made and wear out rather quickly.

are you sure you mixed the gas and oil exactly to the directions?
if not, dump ot the old gas and put correct mixture in.a new sparkplug
may help to. lucas

Guest Wrote:
are you sure you mixed the gas and oil exactly to the directions?
if not, dump ot the old gas and put correct mixture in.a new sparkplug
may help to. lucas

Okay, It turns on
now cause i had to press the primer button 8 times instead of turning
it on on 1. I had to try to 2 button then it starts not on 1 button it
would not start. Okay now i hear a loud crackling sound coming from the
blue smoke. It still gives out blue smoke. but still hearing that loud
crackling sound. HELP!!

--
deb741
deb741's Profile: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/m...p?userid=18814
View this thread: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/s...ad.php?t=32050

Such smoke would normally indicate a problem with the liquids being
dispensed by the carb. Clue: lots of lube.

Depending on which disposable Homelite engine it is, maybe one of the
bolts attaching the "jug" to the crankcase suffered brittle failure.

If no local service available, suggest replace it with something
durable. E.g. Echo, Stihl, anything but cheap s**t. You should have no
problem finding product evaluations, like from Consumer Reports, or
knowledgeable neighbor.

HTH,