Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default WeedEater gas grass trimmer problem (died in 1st use!)

I bought a Weedeater FeatherLite 20CC gas grass trimmer a week ago.
This weekend I used it for the 1st time. First, I had problems with it.
It ran for a few minutes, then just stopped. I had to restart it by
switching it to choke, again ran for a couple of minutes, then stopped.
I had to do this several times until I almost completed my trimming.
Then, it began to smoke from the bottom where the trimmer line snaps in
place, and vibrated violently. I shut it off immediately.
Now I am trying to call their cust support line to ask them what to do
about this. I just want to return this and buy another make.

Anyone go thru this before with Weedeater?
Any other brand I should consider?
Thanks
Mark Sabatini

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
wrote:
I bought a Weedeater FeatherLite 20CC gas grass trimmer a week ago.
This weekend I used it for the 1st time. First, I had problems with it.
It ran for a few minutes, then just stopped. I had to restart it by
switching it to choke, again ran for a couple of minutes, then stopped.
I had to do this several times until I almost completed my trimming.
Then, it began to smoke from the bottom where the trimmer line snaps in
place, and vibrated violently. I shut it off immediately.
Now I am trying to call their cust support line to ask them what to do
about this. I just want to return this and buy another make.

Bring it back to where you bought it. Bring your receipt.

On 9 May 2005 07:47:47 -0700, someone wrote:

I bought a Weedeater FeatherLite 20CC gas grass trimmer a week ago.
This weekend I used it for the 1st time. First, I had problems with it.
It ran for a few minutes, then just stopped....

You did mix the right kind of oil with the gasoline?

(Just checking.)

v wrote:
On 9 May 2005 07:47:47 -0700, someone wrote:

I bought a Weedeater FeatherLite 20CC gas grass trimmer a week ago.
This weekend I used it for the 1st time. First, I had problems with

it.
It ran for a few minutes, then just stopped....

You did mix the right kind of oil with the gasoline?

(Just checking.)

Yes, it came with a sample of syn oil to be mixed 1:40. Did that but
would a little more or less oil in the mixture stop the engine
frequently?
Mark Sabatini

"Yes, it came with a sample of syn oil to be mixed 1:40. Did that but
would a little more or less oil in the mixture stop the engine
frequently?
Mark Sabatini "

It would have to be way off from 40:1 to screw it up. If there was way
too much oil, it could foul it, so that it might do the start and die
routine.