Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Weedeater XT 300 Carb adjust

The plastic part is a limiter to prevent you from making a proper
adjustment. Take needle nosed pliers and tear the plastic part off then you
can proceed with a proper adjustment. One is idle mix, the other is high
speed mix. They must be worked together. One affects the other. They
should be marked on the shroud or other plastic parts as to which is which.

--
Steve Barker

"Binder Dundat" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a weedeater XT 300 that has two adjustment screws one is a
philips head metal screw and the other a plastic slotted screw that
tuns maybe 180 degrees. I am not sure what these screws do? If anyone
knows that would be great. I was playing around with them and now have
a hard time getting the thing to run.