Posted to alt.home.repair
Binder Dundat Binder Dundat is offline

Default Weedeater XT 300 Carb adjust

On Jun 18, 8:17 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:01:08 +0000, Binder Dundat wrote:
I have a weedeater XT 300 that has two adjustment screws one is a
philips head metal screw and the other a plastic slotted screw that
tuns maybe 180 degrees. I am not sure what these screws do? If anyone
knows that would be great. I was playing around with them and now have
a hard time getting the thing to run.

One is probably idle, the other high speed mixture. Turn them both in all
the way then back out 1.5 turns and give it a try.

It was running last year, but I rarely used it and as i recall, not
very well, I can only turn the one plastic screw maybe 1/4 turn from
centre? I assume this is the Fuel /air mixture adjust? It is at the
cottage so I will try another spark plug and play with it on the
weekend. I was getting it to run at full choke and 1/2 choke on the
weekend?