Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default Weedeater XT 300 Carb adjust

On Jun 18, 4:01 pm, Binder Dundat wrote:
I have a weedeater XT 300 that has two adjustment screws one is a
philips head metal screw and the other a plastic slotted screw that
tuns maybe 180 degrees. I am not sure what these screws do? If anyone
knows that would be great. I was playing around with them and now have
a hard time getting the thing to run.

If my memory serves me correct, one is for fuel/air mixture and one is
for the idle speed. Be careful adjusting the fuel/air mixture, if you
run it too lean the engine won't get enough oil via the fuel and it's
will destroy it. Was it running before you played with the
adjustments?