Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC pipe fittings

2 questions:

1) is there such a thing as a 90 degree elbow available with a 2" NPT
male thread on the end? Lower the profile, the better.

2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run
of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?

reason I ask is, I'm making an overflow pipe for a cistern. It has a 2"
NPT hole in the top of the cistern. I have a NPT to PVC adapter feeding
a 90 degree elbow, when the water starts flowing out of the elbow the
water level is very close to the hole in the top of the cistern where
the downspout enters. If I could lower the floor of the elbow at all
that would be preferable. The reason for the second question is I would
like to glue the pieces together once this setup is all worked out, but
if I did that there would be no way to remove it from the cistern
without cutting the pipe.

thanks!

nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
2 questions:

1) is there such a thing as a 90 degree elbow available with a 2" NPT
male thread on the end? Lower the profile, the better.

One of these?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2n4c7z

2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run
of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?

You need one of these:
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-kbi-an...i-1277849.html

--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

Grandpa wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

2 questions:

1) is there such a thing as a 90 degree elbow available with a 2" NPT
male thread on the end? Lower the profile, the better.

One of these?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2n4c7z

2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run
of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?

You need one of these:
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-kbi-an...i-1277849.html

yeah, both look like what I need. Now to find a store that carries
them! I'm at the mercy of my local Home Despot; I've got *two* of them
closer than any real hardware store

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Try a local plumbing supply house, the type a plumber goes to, if you know
what you want and have money they will sell you anything they have. They
just don't have time to hold hands while people figure out what they want
and they don't usually have any displays.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Grandpa wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

2 questions:

1) is there such a thing as a 90 degree elbow available with a 2" NPT
male thread on the end? Lower the profile, the better.

One of these?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2n4c7z

2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run
of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?

You need one of these:
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-kbi-an...i-1277849.html

yeah, both look like what I need. Now to find a store that carries them!
I'm at the mercy of my local Home Despot; I've got *two* of them closer
than any real hardware store

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel writes:

2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run
of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?

Compression union. Sprinkler aisle at Home Depot.

PVC Electrical Fittings & AL Red-Dot Outdoor Box: O.K. ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 September 12th 05 09:36 PM
6" PVC PIPE madhat Metalworking 0 August 11th 05 06:10 AM
PVC vs Styrene Drain Pipe Fittings For Attic Vent? Doug White Metalworking 4 June 5th 05 04:27 PM
What PVC pipe fittings for sump pump? toller Home Repair 3 February 18th 05 02:10 PM
Source for 6" PVC S&D fittings for DC line Frank Stutzman Woodworking 12 January 7th 05 06:08 PM