Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default PVC pipe fittings

2 questions:

1) is there such a thing as a 90 degree elbow available with a 2" NPT
male thread on the end? Lower the profile, the better.

2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run
of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?

reason I ask is, I'm making an overflow pipe for a cistern. It has a 2"
NPT hole in the top of the cistern. I have a NPT to PVC adapter feeding
a 90 degree elbow, when the water starts flowing out of the elbow the
water level is very close to the hole in the top of the cistern where
the downspout enters. If I could lower the floor of the elbow at all
that would be preferable. The reason for the second question is I would
like to glue the pieces together once this setup is all worked out, but
if I did that there would be no way to remove it from the cistern
without cutting the pipe.

thanks!

nate
--