toller

Default What PVC pipe fittings for sump pump?

Are DWV fittings acceptable for 1 1/2 PVC sump pump lines, or must the
heavier ones be used?

I needed a Y and could only find it in DWV.
Thanks.

Speedy Jim

toller wrote:

Are DWV fittings acceptable for 1 1/2 PVC sump pump lines, or must the
heavier ones be used?

I needed a Y and could only find it in DWV.
Thanks.

Yes, that will work fine; the pump discharge is not high pressure.

Jim
Doug Miller

In article , "toller" wrote:
Are DWV fittings acceptable for 1 1/2 PVC sump pump lines, or must the
heavier ones be used?

Not a problem. It's not under all that much pressure. The Schedule 40 stuff is
rated up to somewhere around 400 psi, and I'm dead sure that your sump pump
doesn't produce anywhere *near* that. The pressure required to lift water is
roughly 1/2 psi per foot of head, so a sump pump capable of developing a head
of, say, 15 feet (which is more than enough to get water out of any
residential basement I've ever seen) only needs to produce 7 to 8 psi.

--
Regards,

Stormin Mormon

"sump pumps give head"

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "toller"
wrote:
Are DWV fittings acceptable for 1 1/2 PVC sump pump lines, or must the
heavier ones be used?

Not a problem. It's not under all that much pressure. The Schedule 40 stuff
is
rated up to somewhere around 400 psi, and I'm dead sure that your sump pump
doesn't produce anywhere *near* that. The pressure required to lift water is
roughly 1/2 psi per foot of head, so a sump pump capable of developing a
head
of, say, 15 feet (which is more than enough to get water out of any
residential basement I've ever seen) only needs to produce 7 to 8 psi.

--
Regards,

Direct Heat Banks - why no zone valves (and other questions) Dave UK diy 32 October 10th 04 04:58 PM
European pipe fittings stevep UK diy 3 July 29th 04 07:10 PM
Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Repair 9 June 28th 04 02:13 AM
electricity on my water pipes Laurent Doiron Home Repair 32 March 30th 04 06:01 PM
sump pump drain pipe size M. Laymon Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 12:38 PM