Doug Miller

In article , "toller" wrote:
Are DWV fittings acceptable for 1 1/2 PVC sump pump lines, or must the
heavier ones be used?

Not a problem. It's not under all that much pressure. The Schedule 40 stuff is
rated up to somewhere around 400 psi, and I'm dead sure that your sump pump
doesn't produce anywhere *near* that. The pressure required to lift water is
roughly 1/2 psi per foot of head, so a sump pump capable of developing a head
of, say, 15 feet (which is more than enough to get water out of any
residential basement I've ever seen) only needs to produce 7 to 8 psi.

--
Regards,