Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking Drain pine in the Wall ???

My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall. Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Head wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2007 16:58:17 +0000, BMzx wrote:

My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall. Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

thanks

No miracle fix. You will need to call a plumber and have them locate the
leak then remove whatever needs removed to gain access.

do u really think it helps to tell everybody to call someone in to fix
things, like they don't already know they can do that? are u a moron or
just play one on usenet? or both?
Posted to alt.home.repair

its easier to cut the back wall out of a cabinet than removing
cabinet, that can cause all sorts of new troubles.........

Posted to alt.home.repair

BMzx wrote:
My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall. Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

thanks

There are soooo many variables to this.

Is there a vent pipe in the wall going up
from a San TEE? If so, then you can't simply
"go thru the ceiling".

Maybe you're lucky and no vent (common on old kitchen drains).

We don't know what the basement situation looks like.
Where the drain runs, etc.
Whether you care about disrupting the ceiling.

There is a chance that you will find the origin of the
leak by opening the wall just in the area where the
drain protrudes.

Do the detective work and report back.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

The poster asked if there might be a "miracle fix" which in all
probability means the repair is out of their capability. I know
most imbecilic ****wits like you don't understand simple concepts like
this but I though I would explain in hopes you might be the exception to
the rule.

so u r a moron!

Posted to alt.home.repair

MaxMaxwell wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

The poster asked if there might be a "miracle fix" which in all
probability means the repair is out of their capability. I know
most imbecilic ****wits like you don't understand simple concepts
like this but I though I would explain in hopes you might be the
exception to the rule.

so u r a moron!

Maybe. But at least he knows the rules of spelling and capitalization.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 May 2007 16:58:17 GMT, BMzx wrote:

My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall.

Removing the kitcen cab's is likely the -last- approach you wanna take.
If it is an interior wall you might wanna go thru the other side, but ...

Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

No magic wand. No.

How old is the house/kitchen? Original plumbing? Cast iron
vent stacks? Copper water pipes?

You need to familiarize yourself with your drain/vent plumbing.
From that and the age of the kitchen, get in idea of what needs
to be replaced. Take measurements, determine if -all- the drain
is inside the portion of the wall supporting the cab's.

Etc, etc.

I had the same problem last year. There was some access under the sink,
the drain coupled with a vent stack about a foot clear of the cab's.
All I had to do was cut a 4" x 14" hole in the wall (behind the
range) to replace copper drain with PVC and rubber couplers.

Figger what's likely inside the wall and how you might gain access
to it. Then render more info and ask more questions.

Cheers,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat head wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2007 14:58:29 -0400, MaxMaxwell wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

The poster asked if there might be a "miracle fix" which in all
probability means the repair is out of their capability. I know
most imbecilic ****wits like you don't understand simple concepts like
this but I though I would explain in hopes you might be the exception to
the rule.

so u r a moron!

Stupidity complaint sent to .

prove it. ooh im so scared
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 14, 1:42 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 14 May 2007 16:58:17 +0000, BMzx wrote:
My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall. Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

thanks

No miracle fix. You will need to call a plumber and have them locate the
leak then remove whatever needs removed to gain access.

He may need a plumber but major cost may be in the revealing. I'd
find leak first, then call plumber if I could not fix it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

The poster asked if there might be a "miracle fix" which in all
probability means the repair is out of their capability. I know
most imbecilic ****wits like you don't understand simple concepts like
this but I though I would explain in hopes you might be the
exception to
the rule.

so u r a moron!

Stupidity complaint sent to .

prove it. ooh im so scared

In the olde days about now the bartender would start saying, "Hey, take
it outside guys."

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Maybe you will be lucky. Look around to see if there is a drain cleanout
sticking out of the wall that might be leaking.

"BMzx" wrote in message
My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall. Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for all the replies. I wanted to get some ideas. Here is more on
the situation. I see a leak in the cellar cealing. its about 18 inces
over from where the sink is. Looking under the sink in the cabinet i cant
see any leaks so the exposed pipe is ok. The drain pipe going into the
wall is copper. The best idea I guess is to go thru the back of the next
cabinet over above the leak. I didnt think of that. ....and I am capable
of fxing it myself. so again...thanks for all the response.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 May 2007 03:35:48 GMT, BMzx wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I wanted to get some ideas. Here is more on
the situation. I see a leak in the cellar cealing. its about 18 inces
over from where the sink is. Looking under the sink in the cabinet i cant
see any leaks so the exposed pipe is ok. The drain pipe going into the
wall is copper. The best idea I guess is to go thru the back of the next
cabinet over above the leak. I didnt think of that. ....and I am capable
of fxing it myself. so again...thanks for all the response.

One end of the copper drain pipe connects to the trap under the sink. No?

You need to know where the other end connects to whatever. 'Tis
likely you'll need to replace the entire length of copper pipe as
I did.

Penetrating the wall where the leak is may well be futile in the
long-run.

Good Luck,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 14, 12:58 pm, BMzx wrote:
My kithcen sink drain pipe is leaking into my cellar. The only way I see
to fix it is to take out the kitcen cabinets and open up the wall. Maybe
go thru the cellar cealing? any suggestions. I suppolse there is no
miricle fix for this.

thanks

The leak might be located exactly with one of those TV cameras
mounted on the business end of a cable. The device is used to find
leaks in drain piping. Its possible use would depend on the ID of your
drain piping. Since its an expensive tool for a one time use, you'd
have to see if its available for renting. But if it works for you, you
minimize the amount of tearout.
Joe G

Leaking bath drain Peter Ashby UK diy 3 May 15th 07 08:38 PM
Leaking Kitchen Drain/Dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 1st 07 01:10 PM
Whirlpool dishwasher leaking during drain Wet And Tired Home Repair 1 February 18th 05 04:00 AM
CH drain cock leaking Alan Campbell UK diy 2 December 31st 03 12:32 PM
Remodel Leaking Drain Emergency Michael Roback Home Ownership 0 October 24th 03 04:03 AM