Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy a vomitorium

My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

That is not a bidet. A bidet is meant to be straddled, that is way too wide
and doesn't have the right fixtures. I have never seen such a device.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news

It's called a Bidet. Search www.google.com for it.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:10:41 -0500, holopper4 wrote:

My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

It's psychological intervention she's in need of, not an addition to the
bathroom suite.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:10:41 -0500, wrote:

My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

I suppose you know the Roman "vomitorium" had nothing to do with what
we now call "vomit"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Definition:
vomitorium (vom-i-TOR-ee-uhm) noun, plural vomitoria

A passageway to the rows of seats in a theater.

[From Latin vomitorium, from vomere (to discharge).]

Vomitoria in ancient amphitheaters helped the audience to reach their
seats quickly and then, at the end of the performance, leave at an equal
speed (hence the name). Thousands of seats could be filled in minutes.
The suggestion that a vomitorium was the place for the ancient Romans
to vomit during a feast has no basis.

From: http://wordsmith.org/awad/archives/0407

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

If you're serious, I've seen ones quite similar to the photo you linked
in restrooms (usually at bars) in Germany. The name I heard used for
them called was "vomit sinks".

With enough money to spend, you can accomplish almost anything. If
you've got friends in western europe you could ask them to inquire at
plumbing supply places, buy one and have it shipped over to you.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 1:10 am, wrote:
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Your wife needs a shrink not a bathroom fixture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 1:10 am, wrote:
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Sounds like your wife is bulimic. If so, she needs medical help,
immediately, not encouragement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Apr 28, 1:10 am, wrote:
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Sounds like your wife is bulimic. If so, she needs medical help,
immediately, not encouragement.

Maybe so, but you gotta admit the pic is kinda cool... I say go for it :-)

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:13:03 -0500, Sam E
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:10:41 -0500, wrote:

My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

I suppose you know the Roman "vomitorium" had nothing to do with what
we now call "vomit"?

It looks like my elementary school teachers lied. We heard about this
in History class and I remember it well because you know how kids are
when the topic is something disguating like vomit or passing gas....
This was the topic of the day. You'd think the teachers would study
this stuff before they teach it.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Apr 2007 20:28:05 -0700, "
wrote:

On Apr 28, 1:10 am, wrote:
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Your wife needs a shrink not a bathroom fixture.

Been there, done that..... She was in a bulemic treatment center three
times already. Psychiatrists, medical doctors, and all of that. She
goes right back to the purging as soon as she is out of treatment.
I've been to all these meetings to discuss it, they claim it's harder
to control than alcoholism. I've given up trying to stop her. Either
I accept it, or I get a divorce. I'm not ready to leave my family so
I just have to live with it. I just dont want puke on the toilet seat
anymore, so I have to make something for her to use, and she agreed to
use it. In the meantime I raise hell if she dont lift the toilet seat,
and she is learning that I wont tolerate this mess any longer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 30 Apr 2007 18:38:15 -0700, "
wrote:

On Apr 28, 1:10 am, wrote:
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Sounds like your wife is bulimic. If so, she needs medical help,
immediately, not encouragement.

Yes, as I said in my last message, she has been in treatment 3 times.
There are times I'd like to stuff a rag in her mouth or something.
Seems like it's near impossible to stop them from purging no matter
what anyone does. Her medical bills have nearly bankrupt the family
and did nothing to stop her.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794

That's SpongeBob Squarepants' toilet. I don't know where the sign came
from.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

Always consider the source before taking advice.
--John Navas