Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Where to buy a vomitorium

wrote in message
My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having
vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums,
and I did a google search and found this one.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...vomitorium.jpg

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like
this?

Definition:
vomitorium (vom-i-TOR-ee-uhm) noun, plural vomitoria

A passageway to the rows of seats in a theater.

[From Latin vomitorium, from vomere (to discharge).]

Vomitoria in ancient amphitheaters helped the audience to reach their
seats quickly and then, at the end of the performance, leave at an equal
speed (hence the name). Thousands of seats could be filled in minutes.
The suggestion that a vomitorium was the place for the ancient Romans
to vomit during a feast has no basis.

From: http://wordsmith.org/awad/archives/0407