Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washers

I'm in the market for one of these and have come to somewhat of a conclusion
but wanted some feed back from someone that has one of these models or
advise in general before I buy. The Coleman 2400 PSI is at the top of my
list but I don't know about the motor manufacturer. Sumac is who makes the
motors and I have no feel for reliability or ease of starting etc. The other
model is a Troy Built 2500 with a Honda engine they both have a one year
warranty and the only difference is $70 more for the Troy Built.

Thanks for any help with my decision, Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich wrote:
I'm in the market for one of these and have come to somewhat of a
conclusion but wanted some feed back from someone that has one of
these models or advise in general before I buy. The Coleman 2400 PSI
is at the top of my list but I don't know about the motor
manufacturer. Sumac is who makes the motors and I have no feel for
reliability or ease of starting etc. The other model is a Troy Built
2500 with a Honda engine they both have a one year warranty and the
only difference is $70 more for the Troy Built.

Note: Troy Built = MTD. Troy Built went under several years ago and MTD
is just using the name and selling a lot of cheap equipment under that name.

Note #2: Don't relay on just the PSI. Make sure you take a look at the
volume GPM number. In consumer machines the volume is usually sacrificed to
produce high PSI numbers. High pressure and low volume is not very good.

Thanks for any help with my decision, Rich

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

Rich wrote:
I'm in the market for one of these and have come to somewhat of a conclusion
but wanted some feed back from someone that has one of these models or
advise in general before I buy. The Coleman 2400 PSI is at the top of my
list but I don't know about the motor manufacturer. Sumac is who makes the
motors and I have no feel for reliability or ease of starting etc. The other
model is a Troy Built 2500 with a Honda engine they both have a one year
warranty and the only difference is $70 more for the Troy Built.

Thanks for any help with my decision, Rich

You might also look into Excell Devilbiss pressure washers. They use
name brand engines and mine has served me well. Also a 2400 PSI model.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken wrote:
Rich wrote:
I'm in the market for one of these and have come to somewhat of a
conclusion but wanted some feed back from someone that has one of
these models or advise in general before I buy. The Coleman 2400 PSI
is at the top of my list but I don't know about the motor
manufacturer. Sumac is who makes the motors and I have no feel for
reliability or ease of starting etc. The other model is a Troy Built
2500 with a Honda engine they both have a one year warranty and the
only difference is $70 more for the Troy Built. Thanks for any help with
my decision, Rich

You might also look into Excell Devilbiss pressure washers. They use
name brand engines and mine has served me well. Also a 2400 PSI
model.

Thanks Ken, I used to make parts for Devilbiss years ago when I worked for a
living (machinst, engineer now). I liked there attention to detail. I'll
look into them as well. The problem I'm finding is there isn't alot of
information out there about these units as they are a little bit of a
luxuray item if this ins't what your doing for a living.

I'll kep them in mind but I'm leaning toward spending the extra $70 to get
the Honda engine with there good reputation.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich wrote:

You might also look into Excell Devilbiss pressure washers. They use
name brand engines and mine has served me well. Also a 2400 PSI
model.

Thanks Ken, I used to make parts for Devilbiss years ago when I worked for a
living (machinst, engineer now). I liked there attention to detail. I'll
look into them as well. The problem I'm finding is there isn't alot of
information out there about these units as they are a little bit of a
luxuray item if this ins't what your doing for a living.

I'll kep them in mind but I'm leaning toward spending the extra $70 to get
the Honda engine with there good reputation.

Rich

I have a Devilbiss that works very well. I let it freeze one winter but
parts are readily available.

Pressure washers TonyK UK diy 2 October 25th 06 10:53 AM
Pressure Washers Michael Bushey Home Ownership 3 May 25th 05 10:10 PM
Pressure washers Broadback UK diy 1 January 4th 05 12:57 PM
Pressure washers eddie UK diy 5 December 15th 04 01:07 AM