Posted to alt.home.repair
vic vic is offline

Default Diswasher venting cap on sink is overflowing some water during d/w rinse cycle???

The venting cap on my kitchen sink is overflowing water when my
dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) goes into the rinse cycle. I assume
there's a partial obstruction somewher in the dishwasher hose. The
garbage disposal drain unit seems to be draining okay.
Where is the most likely obstruction problem???
Thanks for your help!
Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

vic wrote:
The venting cap on my kitchen sink is overflowing water when my
dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) goes into the rinse cycle. I assume
there's a partial obstruction somewher in the dishwasher hose. The
garbage disposal drain unit seems to be draining okay.
Where is the most likely obstruction problem???
Thanks for your help!
Vic

It is not clear if this had worked properly or not? If you just
installed the garbage disposal or dishwasher, did you knock out the plug
in the disposal where the dishwasher hose connects??
Posted to alt.home.repair
vic vic is offline

On Feb 20, 3:06 pm, Ken wrote:
vic wrote:
The venting cap on my kitchen sink is overflowing water when my
dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) goes into the rinse cycle. I assume
there's a partial obstruction somewher in the dishwasher hose. The
garbage disposal drain unit seems to be draining okay.
Where is the most likely obstruction problem???
Thanks for your help!
Vic

It is not clear if this had worked properly or not? If you just
installed the garbage disposal or dishwasher, did you knock out the plug
in the disposal where the dishwasher hose connects??

Ken,
thanks for your help. To clarify further should have added...It worked
great till last week,
Dishwasher, garbage disposal plumbing are over ten years old.
Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

vic wrote:
The venting cap on my kitchen sink is overflowing water when my
dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) goes into the rinse cycle. I assume
there's a partial obstruction somewher in the dishwasher hose.

Pull off the hose between the air gap and disposer. Chances are it's
clogged. Clean it out or replace it and you'll be in good shape.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

"vic" wrote in message
ups.com...
The venting cap on my kitchen sink is overflowing water when my
dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) goes into the rinse cycle. I assume
there's a partial obstruction somewher in the dishwasher hose. The
garbage disposal drain unit seems to be draining okay.
Where is the most likely obstruction problem???
Thanks for your help!
Vic

This problem arose at my son's house. We found that the cap on the top side
of the sink could be unscrewed by hand. When that was done, we removed some
shredded corn husks from the outlet toward the drain and everything was back
to normal. Don't know if they're all built this way but you might want to
check it out.

SJF

Venting new sink Matt Home Repair 7 October 1st 06 09:07 PM
Sink Venting Situation BiloxiBoy Home Repair 2 February 1st 06 01:12 PM
Whirlpool washing machine - won't cycle to rinse/spin ohaya Home Repair 5 September 29th 04 02:49 AM
new whirlpool diswasher condensation problems during drying cycle SS Home Repair 2 April 1st 04 07:42 PM