ohaya

Default Whirlpool washing machine - won't cycle to rinse/spin

Hi,

We have a Whirlpool washing machine (Model# from top of lid:
LSR8233JQ0), that has recently begun acting strangely. It seems to
mostly work ok, but when it gets to the rinse and spin cycles, it
pauses, and doesn't begin the rinse and spin cycles.

I found that if we push down on the switch (inside the hole) that is
normal depressed when the lid is closed, that it continues on.

I don't know if there's anything else in the washer that would stop it
from going to the rinse and spin cycles, so I'm thinking/hoping that
it's just something with the switch, and am looking for comments on this
and also advice re. how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

jeff

ohaya wrote in message ...
Hi,

We have a Whirlpool washing machine (Model# from top of lid:
LSR8233JQ0), that has recently begun acting strangely. It seems to
mostly work ok, but when it gets to the rinse and spin cycles, it
pauses, and doesn't begin the rinse and spin cycles.

I found that if we push down on the switch (inside the hole) that is
normal depressed when the lid is closed, that it continues on.

I don't know if there's anything else in the washer that would stop it
from going to the rinse and spin cycles, so I'm thinking/hoping that
it's just something with the switch, and am looking for comments on this
and also advice re. how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Hi,

The lid switch may be on the way out...like this....
http://www.applianceaid.com/WLPlidswitch.html

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=3949237
Lid switch assembly.

Access helps...
http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
ohaya

jeff wrote:

ohaya wrote in message ...
[...]

Hi Jeff,

Thanks!! That 2nd link to the lid switch assembly doesn't seem to
work. I'm getting to an "Item not found" page.

Jim
jeff

ohaya wrote in message ...

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=547225
Lid switch assembly.

Access helps...
http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html

Hi Jeff,

Thanks!! That 2nd link to the lid switch assembly doesn't seem to
work. I'm getting to an "Item not found" page.

Jim

Hi,

Must have been tired Correct link...

HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
blocks of stuff in drain out of washing machine dave @ stejonda UK diy 7 July 23rd 04 01:09 AM
short washing machine drain hose Kerry Hoskin UK diy 14 January 26th 04 05:50 PM
Problems with Siemens Washing Machine WM53661BY Mohammed Farooq UK diy 0 November 6th 03 12:21 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM