Default HW feed to washing machine?

is there any point in having a hot water pipe to the washing machine any
more? I gather they dont use that much water nowadays anyway (and can heat
the water if necessary), so by the time the water has got from the combi to
the washing machine it might already have enough water in it anyway. I
remember the machine coming with a y-piece but I just connected the two
pipes as we had them already plumbed in. Would I be better off sticking in
the Y-piece to connect cold water to both inlets? (I guess this will also
have a positive effect on someone using the shower while the washing machine
is on?)

cheers

Dave

Kris

is there any point in having a hot water pipe to the washing machine
any more? I gather they dont use that much water nowadays anyway (and
can heat the water if necessary), so by the time the water has got
from the combi to the washing machine it might already have enough
water in it anyway. I remember the machine coming with a y-piece but
I just connected the two pipes as we had them already plumbed in.
Would I be better off sticking in the Y-piece to connect cold water
to both inlets? (I guess this will also have a positive effect on
someone using the shower while the washing machine is on?)

.... and most don't draw hot water unless on the boil wash.

my wife , bless her , starts the m/c on boil wash to draw the hot water
from the combi for the 1st fill, aborts the program and switches to
a lower temp quicker wash !

Chris

Christian McArdle

Would I be better off sticking in the Y-piece to connect cold water to
both
inlets?

There's probably little in it. If you've got it working one way, stick with
it.

Also, it will only draw hot on 60C+ washes. If you only do 40C washes, then
it is academic.

Christian.

hudsterou

Christian McArdle wrote:
Would I be better off sticking in the Y-piece to connect cold water
to both inlets?

There's probably little in it. If you've got it working one way,
stick with it.

Also, it will only draw hot on 60C+ washes. If you only do 40C
washes, then it is academic.

Our machine draws hot and cold on all washes, but only hot on 60 or
above.

Christian McArdle

Our machine draws hot and cold on all washes, but only hot on 60 or
above.

Now there's a sophisticated machine!

Christian.

Julie

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:22:18 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Our machine draws hot and cold on all washes, but only hot on 60 or
above.

Now there's a sophisticated machine!

I thought that it was standard. Mine does the same thing.

--

Julie S
Senior Member

[/i][/color]
I thought that it was standard. Mine does the same thing.

--

Julie S[/quote]

Yes it is, but only in houses with unvented hot water systems or combis does the hot get a look in, because the power of the mains pressure makes sure that the flow rate through the cold inlet is far in excess of the hot. Only when the machine is on a really hot wash does it fill only from hot. This is because the standard setting for a hot water cylinder is 60 dgrees Centigrade, and some of you guys reset that to a higher temperature. Hay that's OK it's a user control, tweak away, but it ought to be left at 60!

You can of course scald yourself at 47 degrees, so watch out anyhow. We want it stored at least at 60 degrees so you poor little critters don't start coming down with Legionella!
IMM

"Paul Barker" wrote in message

Yes it is, but only in houses with unvented
hot water systems or combis
does the hot get a look in, because
the power of the mains pressure makes
sure that the flow rate through the cold
inlet is far in excess of the
hot. Only when the machine is on a really
hot wash does it fill only from
hot.

The cold supply should turned down using an auto flow regulator Aquaflow
supply these . They will go in the end of the hose. Then hot and cold at
the same flow.