Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

[/i][/color]
I thought that it was standard. Mine does the same thing.

--

Julie S[/quote]

Yes it is, but only in houses with unvented hot water systems or combis does the hot get a look in, because the power of the mains pressure makes sure that the flow rate through the cold inlet is far in excess of the hot. Only when the machine is on a really hot wash does it fill only from hot. This is because the standard setting for a hot water cylinder is 60 dgrees Centigrade, and some of you guys reset that to a higher temperature. Hay that's OK it's a user control, tweak away, but it ought to be left at 60!

You can of course scald yourself at 47 degrees, so watch out anyhow. We want it stored at least at 60 degrees so you poor little critters don't start coming down with Legionella!