DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool washing machine - won't cycle to rinse/spin (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/71192-whirlpool-washing-machine-wont-cycle-rinse-spin.html)

ohaya September 27th 04 04:51 AM

Whirlpool washing machine - won't cycle to rinse/spin

Hi,

We have a Whirlpool washing machine (Model# from top of lid:
LSR8233JQ0), that has recently begun acting strangely. It seems to
mostly work ok, but when it gets to the rinse and spin cycles, it
pauses, and doesn't begin the rinse and spin cycles.

I found that if we push down on the switch (inside the hole) that is
normal depressed when the lid is closed, that it continues on.

I don't know if there's anything else in the washer that would stop it
from going to the rinse and spin cycles, so I'm thinking/hoping that
it's just something with the switch, and am looking for comments on this
and also advice re. how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

jeff September 28th 04 02:46 AM

ohaya wrote in message ...
Hi,

We have a Whirlpool washing machine (Model# from top of lid:
LSR8233JQ0), that has recently begun acting strangely. It seems to
mostly work ok, but when it gets to the rinse and spin cycles, it
pauses, and doesn't begin the rinse and spin cycles.

I found that if we push down on the switch (inside the hole) that is
normal depressed when the lid is closed, that it continues on.

I don't know if there's anything else in the washer that would stop it
from going to the rinse and spin cycles, so I'm thinking/hoping that
it's just something with the switch, and am looking for comments on this
and also advice re. how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Hi,

The lid switch may be on the way out...like this....
http://www.applianceaid.com/WLPlidswitch.html

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=3949237
Lid switch assembly.

Access helps...
http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

ohaya September 28th 04 04:52 AM

jeff wrote:

ohaya wrote in message ...
[...]

Hi Jeff,

Thanks!! That 2nd link to the lid switch assembly doesn't seem to
work. I'm getting to an "Item not found" page.

Jim

jeff September 29th 04 02:48 AM

ohaya wrote in message ...

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=547225
Lid switch assembly.

Access helps...
http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html

Hi Jeff,

Thanks!! That 2nd link to the lid switch assembly doesn't seem to
work. I'm getting to an "Item not found" page.

Jim

Hi,

Must have been tired ;) Correct link...