SS

Default new whirlpool diswasher condensation problems during drying cycle

We had a whirlpool dishwasher model GU1200XTLS installed in our new
house. For the most part it seems to work fine but when we open the
door next day, we see tiny puddles of water on the floor of unit as
well as water droplets on the inside of door. Hence I watched it
during a dry cycle and didn't see any steam come out through the vent
holes at top left side of door. While it was drying, I opened the
door, there was plenty of heat and steam was swirling around inside.
We called whirlpool and they sent a service tech and he checked
everything and said it is quite normal to see droplets after it is
done; he then left. The dishes do seem dry if you leave it overnight
but this is the first machine I am seeing water puddles in even after
heat drying. There is no fan in the unit to vent out steam. I guess it
is just natural convection. Could this be defective in some ways?
This was a top of the line model. Are there models (maytag or
whirlpool) that have vent fans?

thanks
SS
jeff

(SS) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Hi,

Since the energy rating are getting lower on dishwashers the dry cycle
has all but been cut out....the heater is only on 1/2 of the time now
and most ( if not all ) have gone away from a blower fan in the dry
cycle.

GU1200XTLS

Missing a digit on the model# end.

We called whirlpool and they sent a service tech and he checked
everything and said it is quite normal to see droplets after it is
done; he then left.

Any idea if he checked the door vent? Many open a vent in the door to
allow the steam to come out, it is not forcefully come out but will
more like waft out.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
SS

I wasn't home when the tech came by. But I learnt that he did open the
vent part and pointed out the flap that opens up during dry cycle to
let steam out. for our part, we eventually bought some jet-dry and
poured it in. It seems to be better now (amount of condensation has
reduced considerably).