Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't get hot water to fill

I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

stubborn wrote:
I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Just a thought, do you have a tap turned on hot somewhere? Water and
air can't both occupy the same space.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

turn on hot water valve at high spot in building and hot water tank
cold water inlet valve fir tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Open the cold water valve to the tank.

Go to the highest water faucets in the house, and turn on the hot
water valve (bath tub is good). This will let the air out of the
system. when the tub starts to have cold water come out of the
hot faucet, you know the tank is full.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"stubborn" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that

I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve

to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and

now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so

it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to

the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3 Feb 2007 17:01:51 -0800, "stubborn" wrote:

I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Allow water to enter the tank, and allow air to exit by opening a hot
water source. I've used my washer in the past, so I don't waste
water.

Just a guess....

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info