DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can't get hot water to fill (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/191256-cant-get-hot-water-fill.html)

stubborn February 4th 07 01:01 AM

Can't get hot water to fill

I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Joseph Meehan February 4th 07 01:53 AM

Can't get hot water to fill

stubborn wrote:
I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Just a thought, do you have a tap turned on hot somewhere? Water and
air can't both occupy the same space.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

[email protected] February 4th 07 02:50 AM

Can't get hot water to fill

turn on hot water valve at high spot in building and hot water tank
cold water inlet valve fir tank.

Stormin Mormon February 4th 07 02:29 PM

Can't get hot water to fill

Open the cold water valve to the tank.

Go to the highest water faucets in the house, and turn on the hot
water valve (bath tub is good). This will let the air out of the
system. when the tub starts to have cold water come out of the
hot faucet, you know the tank is full.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

oups.com...

Layperson Tom February 4th 07 02:50 PM

Can't get hot water to fill

On 3 Feb 2007 17:01:51 -0800, "stubborn" wrote:

I just replaced an element in my hot water heater and now that I am
finished, can't get the tank to fill back up. I shut off the
electricity to the tank, (I couldn't get the cold water valve to move
so I turned off the power to my pump also) hooked a hose up and
drained, replaced the element. I turned the pump back on and now I
can't get water to fill up in the heater. I have cold water so it is
not the pump. Please help. No the power is not turned on to the hot
water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Allow water to enter the tank, and allow air to exit by opening a hot
water source. I've used my washer in the past, so I don't waste
water.

Just a guess....

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info