Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conveyor belt to move rubble out of basement

Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor
belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debri
from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin?
I was told there was such a device, but can't find anything like it.

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 8:16 am, "farseer" wrote:
Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor
belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debri
from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin?
I was told there was such a device, but can't find anything like it.

thanks

If you find one can I borrow it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 8:16 am, "farseer" wrote:

Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor
belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debri
from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin?
I was told there was such a device, but can't find anything like it.

You should be able to rent one, especially at a rental company that
has professional construction equipment. Try RSC at http://
http://www.rscrental.com/Content/Ren...ntalEquipment/
categories.aspx.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Jan 27, 7:16 am, "farseer" wrote:
does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor
belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debri
from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin?

Depending on where you are and just what you're trying to move, you
might be able to find a bale loader/stacker -- some are just drag
links so not suitable for loose dirt/rock/etc., but others do have
continuous belt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 5:16 am, "farseer" wrote:
Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor
belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debris
from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin?
I was told there was such a device, but can't find anything like it.

thanks

What volume of material & size distribution are we talking about?

What kind of access to the basement? existing stairway or just
crawlspace access?

You might consider renting a vacuum excavator.....not cheap but a big
one can move many tons per hour.

btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute
of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work to
settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800
"gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop
vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!

How long the shop vac would last is another question.

I guess that's why real vacuum excavators exist.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, "BobK207" wrote:

btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute
of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work to
settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800
"gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop
vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!

How long the shop vac would last is another question.

If your experimental work wasn't so shoddy, we'd all have
the answer to that question by now ;-)

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article . com,
"BobK207" wrote:

btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute
of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work
to settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800
"gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop
vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!

How long the shop vac would last is another question.

If your experimental work wasn't so shoddy, we'd all have
the answer to that question by now ;-)

So you ruin a couple of shop-vacs for the project. Still cheaper, faster,
and less labor intensive than a shovel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The basement is about 30 by 35. I will be digging about 1.5 foot.
Where can i find these things that you guys are talking about? I
live in near the New York City area (just outside in the suburbs of
westchester).

On Jan 27, 12:43 pm, "BobK207" wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 11:49 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article . com,
"BobK207" wrote:

btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute
of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work
to settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800
"gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop
vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!

How long the shop vac would last is another question.

If your experimental work wasn't so shoddy, we'd all have
the answer to that question by now ;-)So you ruin a couple of shop-vacs for the project. Still cheaper, faster,

and less labor intensive than a shovel.

yeah but he'll have 200 hrs of vac work & nearly 60 yds of dirt to get
rid of!

Sorry but I stopped the experimental work after proof of concept stage
& the realization that would take 30 hours of vac work to move the 240
cu ft. (~13 tons) Needed a faster (more hp) solution.

OP, where are you going to dump this stuff?

cheers
Bob

hard to move belt on craftsman drill press j Woodworking 6 October 27th 06 11:27 PM
hard to move belt on craftsman drill press Woodworking 0 October 27th 06 02:28 PM
Covering rubble Andrew Mawson UK diy 24 March 30th 06 09:06 AM
Design of flat belt conveyor Fred R Metalworking 12 January 30th 05 07:55 AM
"split" rollers for conveyor needed VITO Metalworking 4 June 8th 04 03:56 PM