VITO

Default "split" rollers for conveyor needed

We're trying to find a source for a variety of roller for a non
powered conveyor that is split. I saw this type of conveyor in a
Peddinghaus Brochure. Peddinghaus manufactures excellent ironworking
machines and I noticed the "split" roller conveyor that served this
machine. I realized the feature was more useful in that it allowed
some material to loiter, not be advanced, while other material can be
fed thru the machine easily. The current infeed to our ironworker is a
disgrace. I guess we could make split rollers.........but I'm sure the
axle needs to be continuous hence dissasembly scraping aquire new
axle.................we're not intersted in that................we
just want the right material.................any ideas ppl?
Vito
www.ironworkx.com
Randy Zimmerman

I made up "split" rollers for feeding angle for cutting as well as stands
with split rollers for feeding angle through the punch. If you are
interested e-mail me and I will send some pics.
Rollers were made from pipe with blanks on ends drilled for a 3/4 inch piece
of cold roll. No bearings but reliable.
Randy

"VITO" wrote in message
om...
We're trying to find a source for a variety of roller for a non
powered conveyor that is split. I saw this type of conveyor in a
Peddinghaus Brochure. Peddinghaus manufactures excellent ironworking
machines and I noticed the "split" roller conveyor that served this
machine. I realized the feature was more useful in that it allowed
some material to loiter, not be advanced, while other material can be
fed thru the machine easily. The current infeed to our ironworker is a
disgrace. I guess we could make split rollers.........but I'm sure the
axle needs to be continuous hence dissasembly scraping aquire new
axle.................we're not intersted in that................we
just want the right material.................any ideas ppl?
Vito
www.ironworkx.com

Carla Fong

In addition to the sources already listed, you might consider a "skate
wheel" conveyor if you're working with relatively light material. (This is
the sort of thing used to move boxes on an assembly line and they come in
straight and curved sections)

These show up as surplus all the time and really cheap. Look under "Material
Handling" in the yellow pages.

Carla

om...