Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Conveyor belt to move rubble out of basement

On Jan 27, 11:49 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article . com,
"BobK207" wrote:

btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute
of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work
to settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800
"gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop
vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!

How long the shop vac would last is another question.

If your experimental work wasn't so shoddy, we'd all have
the answer to that question by now ;-)So you ruin a couple of shop-vacs for the project. Still cheaper, faster,

and less labor intensive than a shovel.

yeah but he'll have 200 hrs of vac work & nearly 60 yds of dirt to get
rid of!

Sorry but I stopped the experimental work after proof of concept stage
& the realization that would take 30 hours of vac work to move the 240
cu ft. (~13 tons) Needed a faster (more hp) solution.

OP, where are you going to dump this stuff?

cheers
Bob