Posted to alt.home.repair
farseer farseer is offline

Default Conveyor belt to move rubble out of basement

The basement is about 30 by 35. I will be digging about 1.5 foot.
Where can i find these things that you guys are talking about? I
live in near the New York City area (just outside in the suburbs of
westchester).

On Jan 27, 12:43 pm, "BobK207" wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:16 am, "farseer" wrote:

Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor
belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debris
from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin?
I was told there was such a device, but can't find anything like it.

thanksWhat volume of material & size distribution are we talking about?

What kind of access to the basement? existing stairway or just
crawlspace access?

You might consider renting a vacuum excavator.....not cheap but a big
one can move many tons per hour.

btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute
of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work to
settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800
"gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop
vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!

How long the shop vac would last is another question.

I guess that's why real vacuum excavators exist.

cheers
Bob