Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Skylight cold

I have a skylight in a backroom that has a cathedral ceiling. There is a
light shaft of approximately 2 feet. I kept feeling cold air coming down on
me (no it wasn't the mother-in-law) so I got up on a ladder and it was
freezing. I put a thermostat up there and its a 12-15 degree difference
from the house!

My guess is that the insulation on the shaft walls has come down or worse
was never there! Any ideas/tricks on how to insulate those 4 oh-so-small
walls?? Or do I have to
take down the drywall?

Thanks

Edee Em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....