Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Skylight cold

edee em wrote:
I have a skylight in a backroom that has a cathedral ceiling. There
is a light shaft of approximately 2 feet. I kept feeling cold air
coming down on me (no it wasn't the mother-in-law) so I got up on a
ladder and it was freezing. I put a thermostat up there and its a
12-15 degree difference from the house!

My guess is that the insulation on the shaft walls has come down or
worse was never there! Any ideas/tricks on how to insulate those 4
oh-so-small walls?? Or do I have to
take down the drywall?

Thanks

Edee Em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....

You should be able to access it from the attic area. It may be a very
tight fit, hard to say, each situation is different. There are lots of
option for insulation.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit