Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Skylight cold

"edee em" wrote in message
I have a skylight in a backroom that has a cathedral ceiling. There is a
light shaft of approximately 2 feet. I kept feeling cold air coming down
on me (no it wasn't the mother-in-law) so I got up on a ladder and it was
freezing. I put a thermostat up there and its a 12-15 degree difference
from the house!

Also check for gaps around the cover itself. A client hired me to keep wasps
out of her skylight. I found a 1/2" opening on one side of the skylight cap.
The plastic cap and frame just sat on top of flashing that stuck out of the
roof. The structure didn't have a tight fit, and the installer put all the
gap on one side. The client says that room is much more comfortable now, and
they don't have any more wasps.