Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Would this hand vaccum be sutiable to vacuum my car?

I need a lightweight but good vacuum cleaner, not cordless handheld,
for my car.

Would the one below work?
1. At Linen N Things and I have $20 coupon.
http://tinyurl.com/y7rk8l
Shark„˘ Super Clean Air Turbo Hand Vacuum

NOTE: I can't tell wheher this is bagged or bagless; I don't really
care if it is bagless cus I am using for car.

Shark„˘ Super Vacuum Clean Air Turbo Hand Vacuum with Self Cleaning
Duster and Turbo Brush Kit #1 most powerful hand vac, plus 40% quieter
than competitors.Easily converts to a hand or stick vac with super
power and True HEPA filtration. Self cleaning duster gently glides and
cleans over any surface while it's unique patented design allows dust
to be immediately removed and sucked into the hand vac.
TapClean„˘Rinsable HEPA filter traps 99.97% of air impurities as small
as 0.3 microns. Intelli-Sense„˘ Filter Monitor electronically senses
when filter needs to be cleaned or replaced. Tools included: hose for
extended reach, dusting brush, crevice tool, upholstery/pet hair
attachment, and shoulder strap, 3 extension tubes and air-driven turbo
floor brush for easy floor cleaning. 1000W
--------------------------------

2. Is this one better?
http://tinyurl.com/ymo5jd
Euro-Pro Shark EP238 Canister Vacuum
Retractable - Bagged - Available in: Green - Hepa Filtration

Super powerful light weight canister featuring 50% more suction power
than a full size canister or upright, but now available in a small
lightweight portable size with convenient carrying handle.Powerful 1200
watt motor can lift TWO-16 Lb. bowling balls at the Same Time! Includes
true Hepa filtration to insure clean air is released back into the room

3.
http://tinyurl.com/soamx
Shark CV242 Stainless Canister Vacuum Cleaner by Euro Pro
(bagged)

4. Anything else that I should consider?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've yet to see any hand vac that's terribly useful for the car,
honestly.

I tend to avoid tinyurl's due to the security ramifications of them,
but whatever you get you'll want to have the flexibility to use a long
nosed attachment on a hose to get in all the cracks and crevices in
the car, you'll also apreciate a soft round attachment for doing the
dash and controls, and a small width carpet attachment with a powered
head.

You'd get more mileage out of a small shopvac I'd think, though a
good quality canister vacuum would give you the option of a powered
hand carpet attachment.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd H. wrote:
I've yet to see any hand vac that's terribly useful for the car,
honestly.

I tend to avoid tinyurl's due to the security ramifications of them,

Curious about how that works.

but whatever you get you'll want to have the flexibility to use a long
nosed attachment on a hose to get in all the cracks and crevices in
the car, you'll also apreciate a soft round attachment for doing the
dash and controls, and a small width carpet attachment with a powered
head.

You'd get more mileage out of a small shopvac I'd think, though a
good quality canister vacuum would give you the option of a powered
hand carpet attachment.

I have a canister; just hevay to take it out to the gragae, etc. and
hence don't vacuum often enough.

What is a shopvac?

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Amanda spake thus:

Todd H. wrote:

I tend to avoid tinyurl's due to the security ramifications of them,

Curious about how that works.

Just imagine someone putting a really nasty URL that could potentially
corrupt your computer (or steal your identity or credit-card info) into
a tiny URL. That's how that works.

What is a shopvac?

Big ol' honking canister vac.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to alt.home.repair

save money just borrow one from a friend. these items are too gimmicky
and small. you use them a couple of times and then ignore them.
[similarly, it was a happy day here when a friend borrowed a hand
steamer from us; it was just wasting space after a couple of
inefficient uses.]
i know you will have more efficient cleaning done at a coin operated
carwash vacuum cleaner and you don't have to store it. it's the same
answer as which vacuum style upright rug shampooer with a tiny one
gallon capacity should one buy. none, just rent or borrow and get
owning it out of your system.
if you still want one, i generally like the extensive reviews found at:
www.epinions.com

Amanda wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Amanda" wrote in message
ups.com...

Todd H. wrote:
I've yet to see any hand vac that's terribly useful for the car,
honestly.

I tend to avoid tinyurl's due to the security ramifications of them,

Curious about how that works.

Go to www.tinyurl.com and paste in the long address that you have into their
blank box. It will produce a short one which you copy and paste to, well,
here. The security issue is that no one else can be sure that the tinyurl
address hides the real address and could be hiding porn, viruses, etc. It
makes people nervous.

but whatever you get you'll want to have the flexibility to use a long
nosed attachment on a hose to get in all the cracks and crevices in
the car, you'll also apreciate a soft round attachment for doing the
dash and controls, and a small width carpet attachment with a powered
head.

You'd get more mileage out of a small shopvac I'd think, though a
good quality canister vacuum would give you the option of a powered
hand carpet attachment.

I have a canister; just hevay to take it out to the gragae, etc. and
hence don't vacuum often enough.

What is a shopvac?

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Amanda" writes:

Todd H. wrote:
I've yet to see any hand vac that's terribly useful for the car,
honestly.

I tend to avoid tinyurl's due to the security ramifications of them,

Curious about how that works.

You're essentially clicking on an unknown link, with no way of
predicting where you'll be going, and if there'll be a 0day exploit
against your web browser waiting on the other other end, in the worst
case, and no way of knowing if you'll be headed to a shock site
that's inappropriate to whatever working environment you find yourself
in presently. The verb "tubgirl'd" has been invented to describe
the misuse of a redirection link like that.

I have a canister; just hevay to take it out to the gragae, etc. and
hence don't vacuum often enough.

What is a shopvac?

A brand of heavy duty wet/dry canister vacuums that tends to live in
the garage, comes in all shapes and sizes:
http://www.shopvac.com/

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

C & E wrote:
"Amanda" wrote in message
ups.com...

Todd H. wrote:
I've yet to see any hand vac that's terribly useful for the car,
honestly.

I tend to avoid tinyurl's due to the security ramifications of them,

Curious about how that works.

Go to www.tinyurl.com and paste in the long address that you have into their
blank box. It will produce a short one which you copy and paste to, well,
here. The security issue is that no one else can be sure that the tinyurl
address hides the real address and could be hiding porn, viruses, etc. It
makes people nervous.

I see. I thought that by "security", he meant computer security w.r.t
virus, etc.

My way of assruing that the link was about the vacuum was by giving
the vacuum info along with the tunyurl links, but I should realize that
there are cases where people gives nasty links with unrelated words. I
almost plut the originla links but in anotther ng, I was give info on
using tinylinks but they knew me though.

[..]

Posted to alt.home.repair

buffalobill wrote:
[..]

if you still want one, i generally like the extensive reviews found at:
www.epinions.com

Great site. I don't want a vacccum for my car anymore -these reviewers
are great; they kow what they talk about - but I am reading the review
on other things

Amanda wrote:
I need a lightweight but good vacuum cleaner, not cordless handheld,
for my car.

[..]

Vaccum Cleaner Help [email protected] Home Ownership 2 September 13th 06 12:34 PM
Kenmore vaccum cleaners Amanda Home Repair 2 July 22nd 06 07:08 PM
*powerful* hand-held vacuum-cleaner (for stairs, etc)? David Combs Home Repair 5 November 17th 05 04:17 PM
Vaccum Pumps? harryc Woodturning 4 February 6th 05 01:40 PM
buying a 2nd hand car p cooper UK diy 53 January 17th 05 12:40 PM