harryc

Default Vaccum Pumps?

Someone in this newsgroups was selling re-condition or new vaccum pumps
anyone know who that person was ?

--
Harry

billh

"harryc" wrote in message
Someone in this newsgroups was selling re-condition or new vaccum pumps
anyone know who that person was ?

--
Harry

I think it might be William B Noble. Link to his site below.

http://www.wbnoble.com

billh

william_b_noble

how fortuitous - I was just about to post my occasional "solicitation
message" reminding the group that I exist, and here comes the perfect
inquiry and an unsolcited referral - what could be better :-)

I have at this moment two 1/3 hp wobble piston pumps left, one three phase
GAST vane pump (with a VFD if you want it that way), and a few other vane
pumps - all the info is on my web page under vacuum pumps (www.wbnoble.com).
And, there is a fairly lenghty and hopefully informative article (and a much
shorter summary) about the salient characteristics, how to use them, and so
on - the links to the articles are on my web, and also in the tips section
of www.woodturners.org

And, I make inexpensive faceplates - welded ones - again the details and
pricing are on my web page, but under faceplates (seems logical, no?). I
started making them because I couldn't see paying $35 for a faceplate that
would be used on a fixture, you too may have a similar aversion - I'm a
great believer in functionality so while they are not beautiful works of
art, polished to a high shine, they will hold your wood or fixture.

"billh" wrote in message

"harryc" wrote in message
Someone in this newsgroups was selling re-condition or new vaccum pumps
anyone know who that person was ?

--
Harry

I think it might be William B Noble. Link to his site below.

http://www.wbnoble.com

billh

billh

Hi Bill,
I have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer:

1. What happens in a typical inverter VFD drive when the wire(s) connecting
the speed control pot are broken? Does the motor shut down or run away
or.....?

2. I am using a 2 cylinder, single-stage, fairly large, old refrigeration
piston compressor as a vacuum pump. Apparently it was used many years ago
on a farm to chill a large cement tank with water that the cans of fresh
milk were placed in to cool quickly. I cleaned the valves etc and it pulls
about 28" Hg and seems to be able to tolerate some leakage. Any (very) rough
idea how this pump compares in pumping capacity with say a real vane vac
pump?

Thanks,
Billh

news:1107656326.e40c8eb2b60aa6270feb3e89f7a4c692@t eranews...

"billh" wrote in message

"harryc" wrote in message
Someone in this newsgroups was selling re-condition or new vaccum pumps
anyone know who that person was ?

--
Harry

I think it might be William B Noble. Link to his site below.

http://www.wbnoble.com

billh

Bill Rubenstein

billh wrote:
Hi Bill,
I have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer:

1. What happens in a typical inverter VFD drive when the wire(s) connecting
the speed control pot are broken? Does the motor shut down or run away
or.....?

Usually it will assume zero speed.

Bill R

Circulator Pumps [email protected] Home Repair 8 December 27th 04 07:03 PM
Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
pumps Allan Adler Metalworking 2 December 24th 03 05:54 PM
faceplates and vacuum pumps william_b_noble Woodturning 0 October 19th 03 07:24 PM
vacuum pumps and inexpensive faceplates william_b_noble Woodturning 1 September 4th 03 09:43 PM