Default Circulator Pumps

Still researching circulator pumps (pre wired). I've narrowed it down
to Grundfos Circulator Pumps and Taco Circulator Pumps. I can find
them cheapest online he

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

Anyone had a bad experience with either brand before I pull the
trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Still researching circulator pumps (pre wired). I've narrowed it down
to Grundfos Circulator Pumps and Taco Circulator Pumps. I can find
them cheapest online he

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

Anyone had a bad experience with either brand before I pull the
trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Easy choice. Comparing a Fiat and a Mercedes. My house had Grundfos when
I moved in. Many years (maybe 20+) later one failed and I had to replace
it. I bought a Taco because it was readily available. I may toss (noisy)
it and put a Grundfos back in. When it runs in the other zone I can hear it
in my bedroom.

I bought mine at a local plumbing supply house and paid much less that the
prices listed on the web site. Of course, it is a slightly different model
and it was a couple of years ago.

Red Neckerson

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
wrote in message
oups.com...
Still researching circulator pumps (pre wired). I've narrowed it down
to Grundfos Circulator Pumps and Taco Circulator Pumps. I can find
them cheapest online he

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

Anyone had a bad experience with either brand before I pull the
trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Easy choice. Comparing a Fiat and a Mercedes. My house had Grundfos
when I moved in. Many years (maybe 20+) later one failed and I had to
replace it. I bought a Taco because it was readily available. I may
toss (noisy) it and put a Grundfos back in. When it runs in the other
zone I can hear it in my bedroom.

Sounds like the installer didn't install it properly.

I have installed hundreds of cartridge circulators (Grunds, Tacos, B&Gs,
etc) and they are all basically the same. I have probably installled more
Tacos than anything else and unless there is a problem with the loop (air,
restriction, etc.), you cannot hear them running unless you have your ear
right on it.

BTW, I have a 1974 Fiat that runs fine......

;-]

Joseph Meehan

Red Neckerson wrote:

BTW, I have a 1974 Fiat that runs fine......

;-]

Yea, but how about the rust. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Dr. Hardcrab

"Joseph Meehan" wrote

Red Neckerson wrote:

BTW, I have a 1974 Fiat that runs fine......

;-]

Yea, but how about the rust. :-)

No problems there. It's "rust" colored....

;-]

HerHusband

Red,

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

I just installed a Grundfos UP 15-18SU/TLC that I purchased from

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/circpump.html

(Your link sounds cheaper)

I accidently installed the pump backwards while fiddling with the mounting
situation, but once I corrected that it works great.

I chose the Grundfos because of it's stainless steel design (we have acidic
water).

I have probably installed more Tacos than anything else and unless
there is a problem with the loop (air, restriction, etc.), you cannot
hear them running unless you have your ear right on it.

I'm not familiar with the Taco pumps, but my Grundfos is not exactly
silent. It's not loud, but sounds just a bit noiser than our refrigerator
when it runs.

It's possible the sound is amplified a bit because of the way I have the
pump mounted (pump is bolted to a board which is screwed to a wall), but
you can certainly hear the pump running. And yes, I have bled the air
several times.

It's not a big problem for us, as the pump is located in our laundry room,
but we still shut the door so we don't have to listen to the pump run.

In any case, the instant hot water at our distant shower is WELL worth the
minor noise. It was taking over a minute to get hot water at the shower
before we installed the pump!

Anthony
SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
Still researching circulator pumps (pre wired). I've narrowed it down
to Grundfos Circulator Pumps and Taco Circulator Pumps. I can find
them cheapest online he

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

Anyone had a bad experience with either brand before I pull the
trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Had grunfos on my solar system, no worries

Try WW Grainger

L. M. Rappaport

On 26 Dec 2004 18:55:11 -0800, wrote (with
possible editing):

Still researching circulator pumps (pre wired). I've narrowed it down
to Grundfos Circulator Pumps and Taco Circulator Pumps. I can find
them cheapest online he

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

Anyone had a bad experience with either brand before I pull the
trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Same advice as Ed. I had a Taco and it was noisy as hell. Grundfos
is a lot quieter - both seemed to work ok. FWIW, my plumber says Taco
is just as good, but I don't trust him since he installed the Taco to
begin with and told me that the noise couldn't be eliminated.
--

Larry

Edwin Pawlowski

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
Sounds like the installer didn't install it properly.

I have installed hundreds of cartridge circulators (Grunds, Tacos, B&Gs,
etc) and they are all basically the same. I have probably installled more
Tacos than anything else and unless there is a problem with the loop (air,
restriction, etc.), you cannot hear them running unless you have your ear
right on it.

BTW, I have a 1974 Fiat that runs fine......

;-]

Could be, it was a direct replacement as far as fittings etc. but who knows?
It did quiet down quite a bit after some months of running though. The
Grundfos is not heard at all by my ears. I have to put my hand on it to
feel it running.

I always wanted a Fiat X-19 but every time I talked to an owner, I was glad
I passed on it.