Posted to alt.home.repair

Default coffee maker clock - poor handling of transients?

Weird... My old coffee maker died a couple weeks ago, so I gave the
girlie a few bucks and the direction that while she was out, to pick up
a new coffee maker. She returned with a new Mr. Coffee, replete with
analog/digital clock. It worked OK for a few days and then started
going haywire - the clock would be hours off by morning, or it would
lock up completely. In any case, I didn't have my morning coffee and
the only "fix" was to unplug it for an hour or two and try again.

Well, last week I installed a whole-house TVSS in my breaker panel
(Siemens QSA2020TVSS to be exact) and I just realized this AM that the
coffee maker has been working perfectly ever since. Is it possible that
I just had "dirty" power and that all my other appliances were handling
it correctly so I never noticed? Anyway, it seems like too much of a
coincidence as before installing the TVSS the coffeemaker would more
often than not not make it through a full day without locking up.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

It is Mr. Coffee. It will be dead in a week.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

Don't know the answer, but I do know how to
eliminate the problem. Get a coffee pot without a
clock. If you just have to have a cup of coffee
ready for you when you get to the office. Get two
pots, a regular one and a little 4 cup one (they
actually hold 2 cups (the two will be cheaper than
one with a clock). If you can't stand waiting 5
minutes for the little one to provide a cup, get
therapy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

I hear ya... the problem is that this one will not brew AT ALL when the
clock ceases to function... and no, I can't wait a couple hours for the
darn thing to decide to work before my first cup in the AM.

Is there even such a thing made anymore? A coffee maker with just a
switch and a heating element?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

My camp coffeemaker died this summer and I had the same specifications
for the replacement. I found a Mr.Coffee without a clock at my local
small town hardware store. It was in the back, up on a shelf in a pile
of ancient boxes. The layer of dust on the box was pretty thick. It's
an upgrade. This one lets me take a cup while it's still brewing.
Liz

Nate Nagel wrote:

Is there even such a thing made anymore? A coffee maker with just a
switch and a heating element?

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
George E. Cawthon wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

Sure there are, in both large and small sizes.
Last year (or maybe early this year) we bought
another 4 cup Mr Coffee to use in our travel
trailer. I it was around $12.