Posted to alt.home.repair
wendolynny

Default MR Coffee,(maker)

Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its so
crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I vented!!!!!!!!! I
even sent them this note

Posted to alt.home.repair

wendolynny wrote:
Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its so
crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I vented!!!!!!!!! I
even sent them this note

If you really want revenge, put it on sale on Ebay for like 1 cent, and
write all this into the description. It's worth whatever they charge to
insert an ad. And who knows, somebody might even buy it just for fun.

Posted to alt.home.repair
James

20 years ago, I bought a Mr. Coffee coffee maker, at a time when they were
spending literally hundreds of millions of dollars on tv advertising.

Without a doubt, this was probably the very worst appliance that I ever
owned, and I finally through it away. I concluded that they spend much
more on tv advertising than they do in producing a product.

--James--

Posted to alt.home.repair
dotsdave

If it is a newer unit, you can always bring it back and say it was a
Christmas present and Santa forgot to leave the receipt!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: wendolynny wrote:
[...]
I'd take it; the dripping simply means the little do-dad rubber
thingy is stuck open. NBD. As for switch locations, they don't
bother me either; I can look at a switch before I throw it. S&H
required? I'll offer a penny.

Pop

Posted to alt.home.repair
juan valdez

get a french press

they work really well

this one has taken everything I can dish out and has 100% perfect
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009ADDR

and I am someone who can break an anvil

"wendolynny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its so
crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I vented!!!!!!!!! I
even sent them this note

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Once you brew coffee in a french press, you MUST either serve it
immediately, or
immediately decant it into another carafe. If you leave coffee in the
press, it
continues to get stronger and stronger very quickly. You cannot keep it
in the
press for even a few minutes while you slurp the first cup. "

I leave mine in there for up to a couple hours. Then if I feel like a
cup later, I reheat it. Yes, it is strong, but some of us like it that
way. Ever hear of espresso?

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

wendolynny wrote:
Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its
so crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I
vented!!!!!!!!! I even sent them this note

No, you're wrong there. The worst is the new model Black & Decker
SpaceSaver.

We've had one for years and loved it. But it wore out. So we got the new
model (~$65).

It doesn't have a heating element for the pot; instead the pot is heavily
insulated (about six pounds worth!). So insulated, in fact, that to get
coffee to pour from the pot at a rate faster than one cup in ten minutes,
you have to remove a 4" rubber O-ring from the screw-on lid.

The rectangular resevoir into which you put fresh water has its hole in the
center 5.5 inches from the edge. The kitchen sink faucet extends a fullsome
4" from the edge of the sink. This design flaw can be overcome with a short
length of rubber hose (not supplied).

On the earlier models, there existed a pair of LEDs to tell you the status
of the damn thing, especially ON and AUTO. These lights have been replaced
with an LCD display, dark grey on a light grey background. In 6-point type.
Unreadable, except in bright light. Repeatedly mashing the "Auto" button
doesn't help, because it's a toggle: 1 mash for on, 2 for off, 3 for on, 4
for off, etc. If you can't count, or get unsynchronized, you'll awake in the
cold dawn with an empty pot waiting for you to do something.

Black & Decker DOES have a superior warranty procedure, though. We had the
above pot for about two months. Then it's "on" cycle dropped to about two
minutes - long enough to brew 1/2 pot (you can tell because the resevoir
isn't empty). Called customer service, followed their procedures, and got a
replacement unit at no charge. We've had the replacement about two months.
It now fails in the exact same manner.

Not to worry, B&D's superior customer service is on the case, the "We get
that a lot" division! A third pot is on the way to us as we speak. Can't
wait. I intend to sell it on Ebay.

In the meantime, I'm soldiering on with a $9.95 Mr Coffee machine and a $3
timer from Walmart. Frankly, I can't tell the difference in the output.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"wendolynny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its so
crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I vented!!!!!!!!! I
even sent them this note

We bought a Crups FM4 $98 POS. Read the reviews for coffee makers o at
Amazon. I think we are entering the world of the VCR coffee maker buy the
cheapest thing you can, so you wont feel bad when you toss, throw or take
apart with a hammer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

I leave mine in there for up to a couple hours. Then if I feel like a
cup later, I reheat it. Yes, it is strong, but some of us like it that
way. Ever hear of espresso?

If you like it, enjoy it. Espresso is not made by leaving the coffee on the
grounds for a long time, it is made by using a very fine grind and a lot of
it to get a strong flavor. Leaving it sit for a long time tends to make it
better and acidic. If it suites your taste, continue to make it that way,
but please don't confuse it with well made espresso.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I enjoyed your post. That is what happens when you tell engineers to
redesign something that is already perfect.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
wendolynny wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 16 Dec 2005 12:15:29p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it wendolynny?

Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its so
crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I vented!!!!!!!!! I
even sent them this note

If you shove it up your ass far enough, you won't ever have to look at it
again.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to alt.home.repair

Commodore Joe Redcloud wrote:

Cleaning a french press properly after each use is critical to the quality of
future coffee, and is a lot more labor intensive...

Takes me 10 seconds to dump and rinse.

Would 2 minutes with detergent make better coffee?

Once you brew coffee in a french press, you MUST either serve it immediately, or
immediately decant it into another carafe. If you leave coffee in the press, it
continues to get stronger and stronger very quickly.

I like that :-) It gets stronger, but with no heat, it doesn't cook.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair
D4

Commodore Joe :

Give up on the "Add water and wait until it boils and sputters."

Spend 55 bucks and buy a Bunn.

The reservoir keeps a pot of water hot (180 deg. F) at all times. When
you pour in the cold water and the hot gets displaced.

2 minutes later you have coffee.

AND you always have 48 oz of Almost boiling hot water for tea or for
cooking.

After 10 years I still love it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

D4 wrote:
Give up on the "Add water and wait until it boils and sputters."

Spend 55 bucks and buy a Bunn.

The reservoir keeps a pot of water hot (180 deg. F) at all times. When
you pour in the cold water and the hot gets displaced.

2 minutes later you have coffee.

AND you always have 48 oz of Almost boiling hot water for tea or for
cooking.

And you pay electricity to keep that water hot 24/7.

Braun had a winner with their KF180, but they're gradually discontinuing
it. We got lucky and got another after the first only lasted 9 years.
Tried a fancy looking Melitta but the coffee sucked after Braun has
spoiled us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've never liked any of those countertop coffeemakers. My old
stovetop percolator is still makes the best coffee and dont require
buying coffee filters and all the costly parts to repair those makers.
AND the expense to replace them every year or two.
My percolator is at least 25 years old and never cost me a cent in
repairs, except a little vinegar to thoroughly clean it once or twice
a year.
Most modern technology is only there to make money, and is not making
life any easier.

----

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:05:29 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

wendolynny wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

wendolynny wrote:
Model TFX20 This is the worst coffee maker I have ever owned.I will
never buy a mr coffee product again.
It doesn't just drip it leeks all the time when the pot is pulled away
from the coffee maker Its a mess.
It sweats,spits and is a horrible design. Even the buttons are all
wrong. I can't take it back because I threw out my recipt,thats my
fault, but I am not stuck with it. and I won't even give it away its so
crappy. I will be their worst advertisement. There I vented!!!!!!!!! I
even sent them this note

What did you expect? Its _Mr._ Coffee. i never seen a man make a good
pot of coffee

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert