Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default coffee maker clock - poor handling of transients?

Weird... My old coffee maker died a couple weeks ago, so I gave the
girlie a few bucks and the direction that while she was out, to pick up
a new coffee maker. She returned with a new Mr. Coffee, replete with
analog/digital clock. It worked OK for a few days and then started
going haywire - the clock would be hours off by morning, or it would
lock up completely. In any case, I didn't have my morning coffee and
the only "fix" was to unplug it for an hour or two and try again.

Well, last week I installed a whole-house TVSS in my breaker panel
(Siemens QSA2020TVSS to be exact) and I just realized this AM that the
coffee maker has been working perfectly ever since. Is it possible that
I just had "dirty" power and that all my other appliances were handling
it correctly so I never noticed? Anyway, it seems like too much of a
coincidence as before installing the TVSS the coffeemaker would more
often than not not make it through a full day without locking up.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel