Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I find floor mounted electrical outlets with Continental European sockets ?

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy floor mounted electrical
outlets with Continental European sockets ?
Thanks,
Tolga

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy floor mounted electrical
outlets with Continental European sockets ?
Thanks,
Tolga

In what country are you trying to make the purchase?

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy floor mounted electrical
outlets with Continental European sockets ?
Thanks,
Tolga

In what country are you trying to make the purchase?

.................................................. .................................................
..
That's a good question; also not sure there is such a thing as a
'Continental (European Standard) Sockets'?

Maybe a 'Proposed' one?

In Britain alone, for example, in 2005 have seen a number of different
sockets (similar to those used 50 years ago when I lived there) still
in use although new construction and upgrades use their (now standard?)
fused plug system

Probably better to ask this on the uk.d-i-y (do it yourself) news
group?

However have seen questions on that ng that seem to indicate that the
various nations of the EU, although they have sort of standardized
their voltages and the allowed percentages +/- variation allowed from
230 volt 50 hertz, there may well be no one standard EU socket/plug
system.

Certainly appears as though, even if they are 'working towards' a
common system, existing continental systems differ greatly between say
Spain, UK and Sweden?

Not being negative but: Limited experience indicates to me that, for
example, UK sockets do not fit into North American standard outlet
boxes wall/floor/ceiling or otherwise. The spacing and screw threads
are different. So modifications or adaptions may be necessary. Also
some European wiring is connected within the outlets, differently. So
suggest a knowledgeable and adaptable installer if the outlets are to
be working (not just part of a non working visual movie-set or theatre
prop installation?). In fact if working should be to NA code for
insurance and safety purposes?

More Questions - Electrical sockets Stephen Gilkes UK diy 10 February 23rd 04 08:10 PM
Electrical sockets in kitchen cupboards alan UK diy 3 September 27th 03 08:42 PM
Zienth Vertical Squish (How do I find and test the Capacitor?) Kevin Cornwell Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 03 02:17 PM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
How close can electrical sockets be to sinks ? LOZ34 UK diy 4 August 24th 03 11:17 AM