Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tecumseh Snowblower: Oil For ?

Hello:

Live outside of Boston.
Gets cold here, but nothing like Minn. or N. Dakota !

Ariens site is down, and can't find the Tecumseh Manual that I once had.

For their typical 7.5 H.P. Snowblowers with the Tecumseh engine, what's the
correct oil grade, please ?

5W-30 ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Live outside of Boston.
Gets cold here, but nothing like Minn. or N. Dakota !

Ariens site is down, and can't find the Tecumseh Manual that I once had.

For their typical 7.5 H.P. Snowblowers with the Tecumseh engine, what's the
correct oil grade, please ?

5W-30 ?

Should be OK. Think it comes with W30 and manual says synthetic
Tecumseh W30 or their oil W30 or W10 below 45 deg. F.above that they
recommend straight W30. They recommend first oil change after 2 hours
use and every 5 hours thereafter. Interesting that Ariens has a
Tecumseh engine as I just bought a Troy-bilt and it has a Tecumseh
engine too.

Funny, my new generator came with W30 oil in January but they recommend
multigrade below 40 deg. F. I intend to use 10W-30 in cars, snow
thrower and generator.

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just bought the troy bilt 'blower with 5.5hp Tecumseh. Manual says
5w-30 for cold (~40F below) and 30w for above 40F . After it runs for
a couple hours I'm putting synthetic 5w30 in it and dont expect any
problems.

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Live outside of Boston.
Gets cold here, but nothing like Minn. or N. Dakota !

Ariens site is down, and can't find the Tecumseh Manual that I once had.

For their typical 7.5 H.P. Snowblowers with the Tecumseh engine, what's the
correct oil grade, please ?

5W-30 ?

Thanks,
B.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in
:

Tecumseh

http://www.tecumsehpower.com/

manuals and basic engine service information

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muff (nospam) wrote:
What's a snowblower? I live in Florida and we do not have such an item here.

another Frank

It's a generator except device that generates electricity is replaced
by device that removes snow. Living in Florida, I'm sure you know what
a generator is
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
Muff (nospam) wrote:

What's a snowblower? I live in Florida and we do not have such an item here.

another Frank

It's a generator except device that generates electricity is replaced
by device that removes snow. Living in Florida, I'm sure you know what
a generator is
Frank

Hmmm,
Florida? I'd prefer cold winter to Hurricane summer.
And all kinds of bugs, yuch. Actually I am here in Alberta.
We have 180 sunny days a year. Only difference is cold sun, LOL!
No Hurricane, no bugs, cool crisp air all the time......
BTW, economy is booming to a point of over heating.
Every business, small and big has sign up, "Help wanted" Our tax is
going down due to big surplus provicially, federally.
Posted to alt.home.repair

But you're still in canada, eh? I'll stick with the US whether hot or
cold. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave. The land
of Duke Wayne and George Patton. Where God Guns and Guts keep us free.
Where we step up to keep men free anywhere in the world even if they
are towelheads. God Bless America