Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Tecumseh Snowblower: Oil For ?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Live outside of Boston.
Gets cold here, but nothing like Minn. or N. Dakota !

Ariens site is down, and can't find the Tecumseh Manual that I once had.

For their typical 7.5 H.P. Snowblowers with the Tecumseh engine, what's the
correct oil grade, please ?

5W-30 ?

Should be OK. Think it comes with W30 and manual says synthetic
Tecumseh W30 or their oil W30 or W10 below 45 deg. F.above that they
recommend straight W30. They recommend first oil change after 2 hours
use and every 5 hours thereafter. Interesting that Ariens has a
Tecumseh engine as I just bought a Troy-bilt and it has a Tecumseh
engine too.

Funny, my new generator came with W30 oil in January but they recommend
multigrade below 40 deg. F. I intend to use 10W-30 in cars, snow
thrower and generator.

Frank