Posted to alt.home.repair
bill

Default Sears snowblower with 11 horse Tecumseh engine (Stalling out)

The blower is about 5 years old and was running like a top until this
winter. It would run perfectly for a half hour or so then stall out.
The wife told me that she had solved the problem by simply topping up
the gas. I thought she was nuts, but that's exactly what it's doing. I
thought perhaps the gas cap might not have been allowing air in to tank
as the gas was used but when it started stalling I loosened the cap and
it did not help.

So in a nutshell if I top up the tank it will run perfectly for about
one inch of fuel then stall. If I top it up, it's good for another
inch. and so on! (I was thinking that I could simply move the tank up
about the height of the tank and my problems would be over) But I am
more interested in finding out what you think might be going on here.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

Look for a fuel filter, and clean/change it. Ditto for your second
post!Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
bill

Thanks Tom I have never noticed a filter but I'll check the schematic
of the fuel system and also the blower then do as you suggest. Sorry
about the double post. I had completed my post but wanted to check on
the spelling of the word Tecumseh so I did a ctrl N to create a new
page then looked it up, then did an internet "back" to where I was and
then finished by posting the message. The browser must have posted the
message on both the original page and the one I was on. (as best as I
can figure)

BTW I think you are right. Just never occurred to me. The height of the
fuel when full is probably just high enough to force enough fuel
through to keep the old girl running .

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

You're welcome. The filter could be inside the tank, maybe. Tom