Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

Default Tecumseh makes it harder - WRITE EM

Get a ****in' life, dude...

"Mr X" wrote in message
news

For some time Tecumseh parts distributors had on line parts break
downs available to those of us that took the time to hunt the
distributor and links down. This was through a on line publisher by
the name of ARI. The parts breakdown product was called Partsmart,
Tecumseh is just one of dozens of manufacturers Partsmart had
converted from fiche.
http://www.arinet.com/products/index.htm

I wrote my distributor this last week

The reason I chose XXX to order from
was the online view of the Tecumseh parts catalog fiche files. When I
went to check a part for a neighbor, currently Tecumseh is NOT on the
drop down list of OEM's on "PartSmart" that XXX distributes as it was
2 weeks ago when I placed the order below. Perhaps this is
intentional or a oversight due to a software update.

And they wrote back

Tecumseh has pulled its parts look up from PartSmart. It is not
available on line anymore.
We had to purchase new software to look up Tecumseh and they do not
allow us to post it
on line. We are just as unhappy about this as our customers are, but
it is out of our
hands. If anything changes and Tecumseh does allow us to put it back
online, we will
certainly get it back on our web site as soon as possible.

from the Tecumseh page they have claimed a parts break down is coming
soon, well we all know web page promises many times never materialize,
they should have let Partsmart continue until they had theirs up
http://www.tecumsehpower.com/Custome...load_coolmenus
9. How can I get a parts breakdown for my engine?
First locate the engine's model number and specification. Then
visit the area of this web site pertaining to the engine parts list or
breakdown (coming soon). Follow the instructions.

If you too want to write them and complain that most other small
engine manufacturers still have available on line parts break down ,
please do

https://www.tecumsehpower.com/Custom...load_coolmenus

I like to see the exploded view of what I'm working on and the part
I'm ordering. Partsmart also had the manufactures part number and
other data. if you ever used it for other equipment you would quickly
see how useful it is. Perhaps many never knew the diagram you were
viewing was from this ARI database distributors and manufactures
subscribed to. It wasn't obvious unless you took a good look at the
URL or help info on the site you were redirected to

pass this around to other engine repair sites

ok end of my rant