Sathees

Default sony kv-27s35 tv is dead, makes sound when it is plugged into the outlet w/o power turned on

Sony kv-27s35 tv makes buzzing sound when plugged into the outlet.
This is not the normal sony degaussing sound. It sounds like gas is
leaking from a pipe. Initially the set was completely dead (was not
making any sound). I found Q601 and Q602 shorted and R607 (.1 ohm)
open. I changed following components: C609, C610, Q601, Q602, R607,
R608, R609, R610, R611, R613, R614, R616, R617, VDR601, D603, D604,
D605, D606, D607, D608, D609, D610. These components are from
Telematics 2000 Kit 46-0358 (Sony TV kit) bought from
tritronicsinc.com IC645 was also changed. Now it makes the sound
after these componets were changed. What could be causing this sound.
I am little afraid to poke around the circuit with a multimeter.
Could the tv blow if the keep the plug plugged in? How do you
diagnose a faulty flyback transformer? thanks for all your help in
advance.

Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
RCA TV CTC169 (BG5) F35750ST Wont come out of standby - Ticking sound when Power button is pressed Electronics Repair 0 September 25th 03 06:25 PM
more info RCA TV CTC169(BG5) Wont come out of standby - Ticking sound when Power button is pressed Electronics Repair 3 September 25th 03 01:29 AM