Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storm Door Closer

I'm having a problem with my Andersen/Emco storm door which is about one
year old.

It has 2 door closers; one at the top and a push button one at the bottom
for holding the door open. The problem occurs with the pin that holds the
bottom closer to the jamb bracket. This pin rises up with repeated openings
and closings of the door. About once a week I push it back down or else it
will keep rising until it disengages from the bottom hole of the bracket.

I guess I could put the pin in upside down although I haven't tried this
yet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening and how
to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Herb

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herb S" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with my Andersen/Emco storm door which is about one
year old.

It has 2 door closers; one at the top and a push button one at the bottom
for holding the door open. The problem occurs with the pin that holds the
bottom closer to the jamb bracket. This pin rises up with repeated
openings and closings of the door. About once a week I push it back down
or else it will keep rising until it disengages from the bottom hole of
the bracket.

I guess I could put the pin in upside down although I haven't tried this
yet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening and
how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Herb

A small O-ring around the bottom of the pin or a little glue should do it.
If heavy artillery is required your hardware store should have a small
clevis pin with a hole for a cotter pin.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herb S" wrote in
:

I'm having a problem with my Andersen/Emco storm door which is about
one year old.

It has 2 door closers; one at the top and a push button one at the
bottom for holding the door open. The problem occurs with the pin
that holds the bottom closer to the jamb bracket. This pin rises up
with repeated openings and closings of the door. About once a week I
push it back down or else it will keep rising until it disengages from
the bottom hole of the bracket.

I guess I could put the pin in upside down although I haven't tried
this yet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is
happening and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Herb

Does the pin protrude out of the bottom hole enough to put something like
aluminum tape around it so it won't fit through the hole to come out.

Fancier but not so easy - tiny hole through the end of the pin with a
piece of wire through it.

Find a tiny cap nut in those boxes maybe at the Borg.

http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/over...arge.cgi?31962

Find a longer pin.

Q is why does it do that? It it possible the bracket is not vertical
causing it to ride with tension?

Maybe defective?

"All doors are manufactured, warranted, and serviced by EMCO
Enterprises, Inc. For more information, please call our Express Service
Hotline at 1-800-933-3626. "
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Young wrote:
"Herb S" wrote in message

[...]

H,
Alignment problem? Or how about putting in a screw and jam nut?